What's new

Windows XP Pro Only $48.94 For MS Resellers (1 Viewer)

Dave Koch

Stunt Coordinator
The bubble gum is good!

I bought the commercial Windows XP Home, and THAT does not have manuals, either. It has a litle (and I mean LITTLE!) 3 page booklet or something- totally worthless.

I prefer the gum.

Bill Gato

Stunt Coordinator
I got the package today!

I just walked in the door and found my Windows XP package waiting for me in the computer room.

When I opened the box, I found the bobble-head doll (rather ugly one at that), a Windows XP baseball in a lucite cube, a trading card with a cartoon XP character, a packet of Big League chew bubble gum, and a trifold cardboard CD case with a full-version of Windows XP Professional.

I am in the process of installing the program. I will let you know how it works in about an hour.

Bill Gato

Stunt Coordinator
Well, Windows XP is officially installed and running on my machine. The installation process was far easier than any other OS I have ever installed.

I've owned and installed Windows 95, Win 98 (also the Second Edition), Win ME, and Win 2000. By far, this was the quickest and easiest to install.

I haven't had a chance to play any games on XP yet, so I can't verify the speed increases I should hopefully be experiencing on my P4-2.2 Ghz, 512 MB RDRAM computer.

Best deal I've had in a long time.

Doug Krenik

Auditioning
Just got my copy today. I ordered it on May 19, but didn't get an order or shipping confirmation. My Hotmail account is used mostly for junk mail, so it might have slipped by.

I'm going to be using it on my office computer which is running NT 4.0 right now.

Azri

Auditioning
I already recieved the package. It consist of Bubble Gum, BaseBall Ball, Mr Eddy "Reliable" Trustman Bobble Head and Window XP Pro Full version in blue sleeve.

HarleyMYK

Agent
Thanks HTF. It took me twenty minutes to get through all the red tape registering my company with Microsoft, but I received the box and after four hours to get drivers unloaded, the XP install done and everything loaded back I am writing this while running my new copy of XP.
Thanks for letting us know about this!
firedevil.gif

Randy Torres

Stunt Coordinator
The link does not work anymore. It takes you to a different page or the offer is no longer available. Roy do you know if this is available still?

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
Crud. My son just got back from freshman orientation at college (in Tennessee), and they've said he has to upgrade from Home to Pro because of some kind of domain thingy. Wish I had known a few weeks ago.

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
I saw your post on the subject over at HTPC forum and just for fun, I wanted to see how much is the "upgrade" version of XP Prof is, MSRP $199, pretty steep.

Bill Gato

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the info, Stephen. I just placed an order for my second copy of XP Pro. The first one I got works like a champ and I'm extremely pleased with it.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that the second copy will come through with no difficulties.

Thanks again.

Bill Gato

Stunt Coordinator
Lee,

If I can remember correctly, you choose the option that says that you are not an MS reseller. Then, you get a screen that says that you are going to be the representative, on record, for you company after you submit all of the information they need.

You'll end up at a survey page of some sort where you are asked to rank certain aspects of your business. You only have to answer the "starred" questions.

After that, you will get an e-mail from Sunrise (the company selling XP). From the e-mail, you will be assigned an order number.

Go back to the first window (the one stating that you are not an MS reseller) and enter the order number. This will take you to a screen where you enter the shipping info, mailing address, billing address, etc.).

From there, it should be a simple matter of entering the credit card info and playing the waiting game for approval.

Hope I didn't miss anything on this response. I'm pretty sure I remembered it correctly. It worked for me before, I hope it works again because Windows XP Pro is a great OS.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks