1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Windows Media Center - No Netflix?

Discussion in 'Home Theater PCs' started by erew99, Dec 5, 2013.

1. erew99

erew99 Second Unit

Guy
    Hi,
    I never used any streaming in my MC until today. I finally have wireless access attached to my HTPC.

I setup Amazon Instant Video streaming today, which is currently being fixed from the author.
    I also tried to setup Netflix, but there is no icon anywhere, that I can see. I'm using the Homeworld theme. I've even removed it to see if it was hidden or something...
    Anyone have any idea what I'm missing?!

Thanks!!

2. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    Known problem with WMC.

The only prayer that might work(depends on system itself outside WMC as well) is if you remove all "shared" (in other words, profiles) WMC and go down to basic. Then maybe, maybe, you'll have access.

Basically Netflix hasn't updated its WMC driver in how long? It doesn't work on Windows 8.1, at all.

3. mattCR

mattCR Executive Producer
    HW Reviewer

Matt
    Which version of Windows are you using? That's going to bare a lot of impact.. and, FYI, there is a way to make it work in Windows 8.1.... but most of us stick with Win7 for an MCE, as you can make it boot straight into MCE and lock it full screen.