What's new

windows help!! (2 Viewers)

Dave Cukina

Stunt Coordinator
Hey i'm hoping somebody out here can help me or at least point me in the right direction.

I'm having issues with a program in XP, everytime i try to run the executable it gives me an access violation error and I can't figure out how to get it to work or what that means.

one of my co workers is using the same type of machine and it works fine on his pc, unfortunately no one at work can figure it out so once again if any of you could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

Dan Mercier

Stunt Coordinator
What kind of access violation?
Is there an error code number?

If you have the error code number it is likely a missing DLL
and with the error code and a google search (probably in groups) you can sometimes find out what dll is really missing.
Then just copy that DLL from your coworkers machine.

Good luck.

Dan

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Indeed a missing DLL is a probable cause. And a very good guess. But in fact it can be anything that's different on your computer (from your friend's). I.e. a missing file or folder it tries to access, or a different amount of RAM.
Whenever the program tries to do something which it does different on your friend's computer, the code may be in error and cause the access violation error.

Cees

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks