What's new

Win an Onkyo TX-NR1030 9.2 channel Dolby Atmos AV Receiver (Redux) (1 Viewer)

Boaty McBoatface

Second Unit
Real Name
Billy Posey
My Ideal Atmos Home Theater would one that was not overly ornate with a good size to let my family and friends have a good weekend evening at the movies. My gear would be top notch Onkyo Receiver, (A brand I've been facinated with since I was 13 years old messing around with them in the electronics department of hudsons), going over kill with mono amps on each channel, and maybe Paradigm or Klipsch speakers. My gear would have to be visible off to the left side of the room almost near the front cause I like looking at my equipment. My lobby would be overly elaborate with a little bit of a 50's Diner theme that doubled as a sanctuary for Hollywood movie props.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I like your choices of Paradigm and Klipsch speakers but you should also check out Bowers & Wilkins speakers as well. And along with the Onkyo check out the Marantz as well. My current two on my short list so far are the Onkyo and Marantz.

Sounds like you have some good ideas for your home theater.

Ron Keller

Auditioning
Real Name
ron
Onkyo has begun selling some apparently high quality Atmos enabled gear. I've used their equipment many times in the past and was always impressed, so I would build everything around their core system. I currently run an aging system based around a Pioneer Elite 31 receiver and Mirage speakers.

KyleA

Auditioning
This would be exactly the upgrade we need in our theater room... what's there now is a disservice! :)

Mark Lawless

Auditioning
Real Name
DOGGY99
For my dream system I would have and trying to keep it somewhat reasonable in price. I would want to use the TX-NR1030 to drive some of the Tekton Pendragon speakers for the stereo pair. Painted in high gloss metallic gray. Accompanied by 2 Pendragon theater subs, along with their center channel. For the surrounds I would go for Definitive Tech UIW RLS III wall reference line speakers. They also make some good ceiling speakers that I think would also be a good fit. For the screen I would want the Elite Screens skt 120UH-E10 UHD screen, matched with the new Sony UHD projector VPL-VW600ES. And not to neglect the room acoustics I would use Auralex ProPanels acoustic absorption Panels. I think this would make for an amazing experience.

JaredB

Agent
My ideal Atmos home theater setup would be installed by Tom Holman while I eat pizza off a TV tray. Then Ben Burtt comes in to hand me my remote and ask me if I need a beverage, all while the ghost of Ray Dolby swirls around the room, setting ethereal base traps.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Ideally, I wish I had a basement I could set up into a nice home theater. But I live in Florida, where there are no basements, so I'll make something work.

Real Name
JOHN RYAN GARCIA
After long 12 years, I started Upgrading my home theater set-up. From Pioneer's slimmest dvd player to Xtreamer NMT player, 21" CRT TV to a Panasonic projector, B&W DM 303 bookshelf speakers to B&W 600 series 3 Floorstanding speakers, 2 seater sofa to 7 professional theaters seats, 5.1 set up to 11.2 and lastly, from DENON AVR 1802 to ONKYO TX-NR1030 9.2 channel Dolby Atmos AV Receiver.

NOW THAT'S AN UPGRADE THAT DEFINITELY WORTH THE WAIT.

Jason Hennigan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason Hennigan
My ideal HT setup would include one of these new Onkyo TX-NR-1030 9.2 channel receivers, some new speakers (I've been wanting to get a look at the newer PSB in-wall models for overhead speakers), a new Oppo Blu-Ray player (probably all-region) and a curved Samsung 4k TV.

Winning the Onkyo would make all the other upgrades much easier to do.

eafreeman8

Auditioning
Real Name
Eric
Dolby Atmos is going to change the game for home theatre and Onkyo is always known for braving the new frontier with incredible products. The TX-NR1030 receiver will be a monster and will help me truly redo my home theatre with the dolby atmos setup (with ceiling speakers). The base of a great system is the heart and the receiver will beat the dolby atmos drum for a long time.

JKR1963

Auditioning
Real Name
James
I would love to set up a 7.2.4 Atmos system and this Onkyo TX-NR1030 would be a great way to do it. I rarely win anything and this Onkyo would be very nice to win.........I can just put it where my TX-NR3009 used to reside (I hope!).

RobertSiegel

Reviewer
I would love to set up an Atmos system. I watch a film or two every night, mostly on blu-ray, and now with Atmos encoded blu-rays, it would be fantastic to add ceiling speakers!

sevj

Auditioning
Real Name
stephanie
My ideal set up would be a Sonus Faber setup, but being more price realistic I would be happy with a simple Deffinitive Technology, or Martin Logan set up, some nice on walls. It would be ideal enough for me!
I don't have any sort of hook up just yet, but plan to once I move out of my parents place and this receiver would be a great start.
Thanks for the sweet giveaway!

JeremyR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeremy
Hmm.. my ideal would start with this receiver to replace my beloved Onkyo TX-SR805. I would probably keep the Paradigm bookshelf speakers I have in a 7.1 surround setup, but I think I'd get some new Paradigm Monitor 9 or Monitor 11 series speakers to use as my mains and a Monitor Center 3.

erkess66

Auditioning
Real Name
Eric Kessler
My ideal sytem or (dream system) would be besides the Onkyo TX-NR1030 9.2 receiver, I would use the Definitive Technology BP -8060ST 5.1 speaker system, a set of Definitive Technology BP -8060ST Bipolar Tower, 2 Velodyne Wi-Q 12" subs, an OPPO BDP-103D blue ray player, a Sony VPL-VW350ES projector and finally the Stewart StudioTek 130 film screen

slim4511

Auditioning
Real Name
Scot
My ideal Atmos set up would be Kef Q series fronts and satellites, Velodyne sub, B&W heights, Oppo BD player,

and Samsung JS8500 TV. All of these would only be only be secondary to receiving an outstanding receiver like the Onkyo TX-NR 1030. I have been using an Onkyo 705 for the last eight years and it has served me well but am in need of an upgrade such as this.

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
I would finally have a use for all of the speakers I have collected over the years. The ideal setup would be smaller quality speakers arranged inconspicuously with 2 SVS subwoofers to fill in the low end.

HybridHB

Auditioning
Real Name
khanh bakthy
The second floor of my house is one big room thats empty. The plan is to turn it into a theater room and this receiver would be the perfect starting point! Ive been dreaming about this project since moving into this house. Plus my onkyo 805 is starting to act up but it has done its time.

Ron Courteau

Auditioning
Real Name
Ron Courteau, Jr.
I would love the Onkyo w/ the Dolby Atmos. My wife hasn't heard an awesome system! I was able to convince her to get an HDMI compatible Receiver! But it isn't right for my ESS, & Vanderstein speakers! I so want to be able to hear & feel the music again! Thanks, this'll b my second Onkyo receiver!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks