What's new

Win a signed copy of The Carol Burnett Show: The Ultimate Collection on DVD (1 Viewer)

ajabrams

Second Unit
Real Name
Alan Abrams
Doug - Thanks a lot!! This has really made my day (month, year!!) -- allbest, Alan

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
What do you mean it over. it can't be over yet. There must be another copy somewhere.
Congrats hell, I was robbed I tell you. There's a conspiracy around these parts and I want an investigation on the issue.
In the meantime I get to hold the discs to make sure no more funny stuff is going on (funny, see Carol Burnett, get it.....)
Lost again. If I post some really good deals and say nice things about the management do you thing they might let me win next
time.
I'm doomed, just an old geezer loser. I never win these things. Might as well quit even entering. Geez
OK Alan gets custody of the series for now. He probably earned it by being a better person anyway, but geez he lives in NYC.
That just doesn't seem right that he gets pizza and Carol Burnett.
Acceptance is overrated. I think I stick at the Anger stage --- At least he can't eat Lou Malnati's or Pequods and is stuck eating pizza off
pieces of flimsy paper (tongue sticking out smiley...)

NY2LA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Still waiting for the acceptance speeches wherein one thanks all the little people, agents, spouse, deities, etc...

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
David Norman said:
I'm doomed, just an old geezer loser. I never win these things. Might as well quit even entering. Geez
There...there...there. Take it from another geezer loser, these things happen. :)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Johnny Angell said:
There...there...there. Take it from another geezer loser, these things happen. :)
I keep working on the whole DABDA thing, but I think just stopping at the anger part works better.
Hey Alan -- feel sorry for me yet and want to donate to my Pre-wake fund?

ajabrams

Second Unit
Real Name
Alan Abrams
Thank you Eric!!
Carter - Funnily enough, Carol Burnett had a song in her Broadway musical "Fade Out, Fade In" in which she thanks "All of the little people..."
And last, but by no means least...
David - You'll be happy to know I ate a couple of slices of NYC pizza in you honor!!!
Allbest to all -- Alan

NY2LA

Screenwriter
Real Name
ajabrams said:
Thank you Eric!!
Carter - Funnily enough, Carol Burnett had a song in her Broadway musical "Fade Out, Fade In" in which she thanks "All of the little people..."
And last, but by no means least...
David - You'll be happy to know I ate a couple of slices of NYC pizza in you honor!!!
Allbest to all -- Alan
Oooh, Pizza! Which Original Famous Ray's was it from? Give my regards to Broadway! Is there still a pizza place next to Healthworks by Sardi's on 44th street?

ajabrams

Second Unit
Real Name
Alan Abrams
NY2LA said:
Oooh, Pizza! Which Original Famous Ray's was it from? Give my regards to Broadway! Is there still a pizza place next to Healthworks by Sardi's on 44th street?
Hi Carter - Actually not Famous Ray's (not as many of those around these days) - just a local upper West Side pizza place. The one on 44th street I think you're referring to is John's Pizzeria, which is actually a branch of the original John's on Bleecker Street in the village - been there many times - great thin crust!!

NY2LA

Screenwriter
Real Name
ajabrams said:
Hi Carter - Actually not Famous Ray's (not as many of those around these days) - just a local upper West Side pizza place. The one on 44th street I think you're referring to is John's Pizzeria, which is actually a branch of the original John's on Bleecker Street in the village - been there many times - great thin crust!!
The one on 44th st (West of Bway) I remember was in a space that was formerly a ticket agency, and is right across the street from the Shubert/Minskoff/former Loew's Astor Plaza. I didn't know they were related to downtown John's

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
ajabrams said:
Allbest to all -- Alan
Serves you right to have to suffer like that. For me, I got to feast on a real Dijiorno Pepperoni and Sausage so there take that (that's real Italian delivery)
I'll have you know I went to my Real Gypsy psychic yesterday just to have her put a curse on you.
I promise to remove it, but you have to do what you know is right.
On the way home just as a backup plan, I stopped by the High Priest's basement and got a new doll with some long sharp pins.
PM me and I;ll make sure you get the shipping address.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
NY2LA said:
The one on 44th st (West of Bway) I remember was in a space that was formerly a ticket agency, and is right across the street from the Shubert/Minskoff/former Loew's Astor Plaza. I didn't know they were related to downtown John's
Actually it was originally a church. My great-grandfather even preached there.

NY2LA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack P said:
Actually it was originally a church. My great-grandfather even preached there.
I don't know any building like that on the block. Nothing but theatres and Sardi's bldg and the Times Building.

Marco Rosato

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark Rosato
I have loved her ever since I can remember... she has brought so much laughter to the world. For this, and my ultimate favorite: EUNICE... Thank you, Carol, for the memories..I am so glad --- and damn lucky ---to have had this time together. xo

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.