What's new

Win a Pioneer Elite SC-95 Dolby Atmos Receiver (1 Viewer)

powell8

Auditioning
Real Name
Charley
IMG_8421.JPG

My first separates after two HK all in one units. I know they are not really that high end components but they blew me away at the time. Ready to go to the next level especially after my local theater now has Atmos. Would rather avoid the crunching of candy wrappers and cell phones from the "audience".

Thanks!

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter
Real Name
Aaron Reynolds
I really love my current home theatre, but have finally run into the challenge of one central piece being just too old to support new hardware that I'd like to have, and that piece is my receiver. It has served me well, but it's the right time to upgrade. And Atmos is thrilling -- I'm glad to see Dolby pushing the envelope of sound reproduction once again.

Here are some pictures of Theatre Reynolds.

Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 11.06.06 AM.png

This is from a couple of years ago, and in this picture the kids are watching Yellow Submarine, not The Good, The Bad and the Ugly. You'll note the obligatory theatre room fireplace, as we are in Canada.

Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 11.04.45 AM.png

However, this year I let the older two watch The Good, The Bad and the Ugly and check out how my middle son dressed for Halloween:

IMG_3942.jpg

Spencer Draper

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Spencer Draper
I would absolutely love to win because I'm a big Pioneer fan, would love to someday try Atmos at home...and am in desperate need of a new receiver for my supremely budget conscious limited setup. I'm now delegated to a small space in the top bonus/attic space. My old, aging Sony STR-DE675 is still soldiering on but in danger of finally going out at any time. This Pioneer beauty would go well I think with my old trusty Klipsch set of four Kg .5s, KV-1 and SWV. The XBR970 is a champ and of course my favorite Pioneer product: my CLD-D702 and DVL-700 LD players. It'd be interesting to try out with my Technics Sl-1200 mkII with Shure m97xe w/Jico SAS stylus. Stereo preamp is the Yamaha rx-395.

Video uses:

PS3 via HDMI for DVD and BD. LD uses CLD-D702 via composite into Panasonic DMR-ES25 for comb filter, component out 480i or HDMI out for 720p upscale. DVL-700 used for ac3, demodulated by Sony EDP-800 and Yamaha DDP-1. For CD use the DDP-1 has three onboard DACs.

For the 970 I have spent hours upon hours calibrating in the Service menus for geometry and overscan alone. In spite of the phosphor trails, this is the best display I've ever had and bests LCDs despite not hitting full 1920x1080.

12191844_10207292044886927_2897318211231706355_n.jpg

(Forgot the LP spinning is U2's October, Island UK 1st pressing.)

kman22

Auditioning
Real Name
Kyle v
I would love to win to upgrade my aging sound system. A better sound system would brighten up my life!

IMG_8926.JPG

bmartin1984

Auditioning
Real Name
Bradford Martin
DSCF0006.JPG

Well, I have a nice media room I built with lots of sound proofing on the walls. But as you can hopefully see my Yamaha receiver is something like 15 years old and the rest of the components are ancient too. Got a great plasma and speaker system that are just dying to have a great receiver make them come alive. Sure hope I win.

timsterb

Auditioning
Real Name
Tim Bolly
sorry, pic didn't go through.......

Picture 323.jpg

The system I lost to my ex was much nice than this one, but that's not saying much. But I hid away and still have my 4 Cerwin Vegas 15" 3 way floor speakers that I had rebuilt, but no receiver to power them......so sad

Misa

Auditioning
I haven't upgraded anything in over a decade since I painted the screen, except for a bluray player. Atmos would be fantastic! Heck, I'd be happy with HDMI switching.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 54

George Butler

Auditioning
Real Name
George
i have a new 4k TV and just a cable box hooked up and have nothing else up to it, lol. my mother had Pioneer 6x9 speakers in a car when i was little and they had lots of bass and sounded great and i would love to hook up Pioneer to this TV :)

Attachments

• 242987-rogers_pvr_scientific_atlanta_8300hd.jpg
    242987-rogers_pvr_scientific_atlanta_8300hd.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 49

LapuaShooter

Auditioning
Real Name
Tim
My receiver is about 15 years old! It definitely needs an upgrade and if I win, then I'll need to upgrade my sound to be able to utilize Atmos!

Attachments

• DSCN1405 resized.jpg
    DSCN1405 resized.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 50

MurseBSN

Auditioning
Real Name
Jon
My current state is so woefully under powered, even our cat does not flinch. Ok, so this is not the actual theatre that we currently have, but that one is only 5.1. We are re-modeling and this would be the perfect building block to our new system.

Current State.jpg

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
I bought my first AV receiver in 1986 and it was a Pioneer model (before that, I used a simple Hafler circuit to decode surround). I have been partial to Pioneer ever since and would love to stay with the brand on the journey to Atmos.

HTF1.JPG

HTF2.JPG

DigitalBear

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim Routhier
I would love to win this receiver. I have a Pioneer 7.1 receiver now and love it. I would really like to hear Atmos and the ability to add a second sub would be amazing. My fingers are very much crossed.
Adam Gregorich said:
Do you want to listen to new releases like Pixels in Dolby Atmos at home, but you don't have a compatible system yet? Thanks to our friends at Dolby and Pioneer, we are giving away $1600 Pioneer Elite 9.2 channel Dolby Atmos AV Receiver. In addition to being Dolby Atmos capable, the receiver supports Wi-FI, Bluetooth and has 8 HDMI inputs. Post a picture of your theater and tell us in a couple of sentences why you want to upgrade. One lucky member will win this receiver!

pixels.jpg

Winner will be chosen at random on 11/13 from all valid entries. Shipping address must be in the US or Canada. Winner must be over 18 and will have a week to respond to the notification or another winner will be chosen.

Winner is responsible for any applicable taxes.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 47

Grant

Agent
I have a Pioneer VSX-49TXi receiver from 2003. I'm due for an upgrade!

Attachments

• IMG_7136_small.jpg
    IMG_7136_small.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 41

Wiktor222

Auditioning
Real Name
Victor
It is time for an upgrade to Dolby Atmos.

Attachments

• Home Theater 03 Close Up.JPG
    Home Theater 03 Close Up.JPG
    214.2 KB · Views: 48

Brady Gallese

Auditioning
Real Name
Brady Gallese
I'm starting with a VERY blank slate, finishing off part of the basement for the dream theater! I would love to win this!

Screen Shot 2015-11-10 at 11.16.59 AM.png

Jason_hs

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason Harrison
My reason is two fold why I would like to win the elite SC-95. I was in the process of setting up my new ht room when I was

injured by and unisured driver. My father has helped me greatly in keeping my home and paying medical billsduring this long process. I have

never owned pioneer as I grew with my aunt who always had denon products. I've always been curious to see if mcacc or

yapo would perform better than audyssey. I was in the processs of testing aperion verus to see about replacing my klipsch. Due to the wreck I did not comlete

the full purchase to phase out all my klipsch speakers. I have enough speakers to setup for dobly atmos between my klipsch and aperion speakers

although it would not be exactly to atmos specifications.

Reasons summarized:

1. I love technology and enjoying tinkering with speakers and settings to get the most out of them.

2. I would give my dad my denon 4520ci as a christmas present to upgrade his 16 year old jvc since

he has given me so much towards my house payments and medical bills.

Attachments

• DSC00001.JPG
    DSC00001.JPG
    576 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC00013.JPG
    DSC00013.JPG
    480 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC00014.JPG
    DSC00014.JPG
    736 KB · Views: 52

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks