What's new

Win a copy of The Little House on the Prairie Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
You can win a copy of The Little House On The Prairie Season 2 on Blu-ray released this month by Lionsgate. Check out Matt's review here: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/articles.html/_/dvd-blu-ray-reviews/little-house-on-the-prairie-season-two-blu-ray-review-r626

To win post in this thread with the modern convenience you would miss most if you were a homesteader during the era the show took place. Winner will be drawn at random on 5/25. Must be over 18 and reside in the US or Canada to win. Good luck!

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
(I already have it but if I win it goes to mother...)

Central heat and air. I couldn't take the window units of the time. You know...open window it's on. Close window it's off. blah!!! that would be awful. Makes me wanna turn my up right now juss thinkin about it!

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
The modern supermarket.

I can't imagine survival being dependent upon what you're able to raise, including both crops and livestock, or hunt yourself. The Ingalls family, on tv and in the books, as I recall pretty much took care of themselves except for flour, coffee, and sugar.

Not very long ago and well into the 20th century in a rural area like where I reside, most people depended on themselves for the bulk of their food rather than just buying what someone else had harvested that does it for a living.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Microwave oven - convenient for making popcorn and all sorts of snacks to enjoy while watching Little House on Blu-ray.

Doug

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Insulin. As a diabetic, I'd have a real problem without it :)Technically it's more than merely a convenience, but it's always the first thing that springs to mind (when contemplating traveling back in time or how I would survive the end of the world, etc.)

rayman1701

Second Unit
Real Name
Ray Miller
It's a really hard toss up, I would really miss the enjoyment of my iPod and all that music. But, hot showers would be missed as well. However, I would have to say that the medication that keeps me alive probably would need to be at number 1 on my list.....but, damn I'd miss that music......

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Listening to it right now...I would miss my iPod with 30,000+ tunes on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks