What's new

Will you live in this apartment? (1 Viewer)

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
Kim and Aggie should go help that poor person out. I watch How Clean Is Your House and I have seen some pretty bad homes (worse than that one in the link). It never fails to amaze how people can let their homes get to that point. How exactly does that happen to people? It's insane!

I saw a documentary a while back on Discovery about a young man who was afraid to leave his house (agrophobic sp?) and slowly but surely his home ended up turning into such a mess that the house was condemned and he was forced to move into his mothers home only to fall back into his hoarding and lack of cleanliness.

This man suffered from depression and he was sick because of all the mold spores growing in his house. His mother passed and left him the house, but now he is facing losing it again due to the hazard it causes.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I saw a house once where the entire ceiling was covered in cob webs, and every single horizontal surface in the entire house had either garbage or trash on it. Whether it was the floor, the mantle, the counter tops, the ledge on the tub, the sink, anything that was flat had garbage on it. The house was so full of garbage. I found a captain D's box with half eaten meal and a receipt that was over a year old in the kitchen. There were piles of used depends as tall as me on the floor. The house was so full of garbage that there were little trails through the all the rooms knee deep. Don't trip or you would fall in it. The lady that lived there one day died in her car in the garage. There were some rooms in the house where you couldn't even enter the room without crawling on your stomach on the 6"+ of just random shit in the room. Literally, climbing on 6" of just random stuff with no walk way. I think the tub was black from soap scum, except where the smudges of her skin wore off the filth on the bottom of the tub floor, guess she sat in the tub. The toilet was so disgusting that I wouldn't even feel comfortable puking in it.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It's obviously a form of insanity. I'm crazy the other way, a neatness freak, but not to any extent like this.

ladyg11

Agent
Real Name
gail
World’s Most Disgusting Apartment Is In Houston

That's the most disgusting thing I've ever seen - I don't even what to know what that is on the bathroom floor or other surfaces in the bathroom :thumbsdown:

That gives the word "eewwwww" new meaning!

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Wow- now I don't feel so bad about my place. If this was a while ago, wonder what happened to the person who lived there, and the cats?

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I'm with Lucia, someone get Kim and Aggie on the horn like now!

I saw an ep of How Clean is your House? recently where a guy had that same sort of mess plus he had hundreds of flies buzzing around his kitchen and maggots living on rotton food laying around. :frowning::eek::frowning:

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Has to be mental illness. This goes beyond pack rat, which I have a minor case of. Sad. I wouldn't go near that place unless it was family in there living it that crap.

The bathroom is definitely the most disturbing pictures. Even cavemen had sense enough to poop outdoors and not dirty the cave floor. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks