What's new

Will We see Step By Step on DVD (1 Viewer)

Rodrick

Second Unit
WE haven't heard anything on this yet. I can't believe not one season of this has been talked about

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Mmm, Staci Keanan.

I have no insight, I'm afraid. Warners did that Television Favorites release a few years ago. It might be a concern that we've seen nothing further.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member

Dude, it was always about Christine Lakin. ;) I have the TV Favorites disc and would absolutely pick up the series if it were released. It is kind of surprising that they didn't bring season 1 out along, say, Growing Pains or something.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I think they had several volumes featuring different shows, but the Step by Step one had:

9/20/91: Pilot
10/4/91: Rules of the House
10/9/92: JT's World
12/10/93: Christmas Story
12/16/94: I'll Be Home for Christmas
10/3/97: Your Cheatin' Heart

Amazon.com: Step by Step (Television Favorites Compilation): Patrick Duffy, Suzanne Somers, Brandon Call, Staci Keanan, Angela Watson, Christine Lakin, Christopher Castile, Josh Byrne, Sasha Mitchell, Jason Marsden, Emily Mae Young, Bronson Pinchot,

It's out of print, but it looks like sellers on Amazon will let you have it for around $6 new.

Here is a list of some more:

http://www.warnervideo.com/wbtvfavorites/

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
Agreed, they really need to take another look at ABC's TGIF lineup. Not just Step by Step, but finishing Perfect Strangers and finally releasing Family Matters. You'd think all three would do well on DVD.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i think there were poor sales of perfect strangers. Family matters just came out in June 2010. I am not sure sitcoms from 1980s and early 1990s have much interest with today's youth and/or family situation. People are getting more and more interested in shows like Jersey Shore, Batchelor/Batchelorette, etc. The new fall schedule has remake of shows like the La Femme Nikita and Hawaii Five-O.

I myself would love to see Family Ties and Growing Pains Completed. Growing Pains to me was really only good for about 1-3 seasons or when Kirk Cameron's character was in highschool. The series started to take a dip when Mike's character graduated highschool and moved on to college and near the end was teaching highschool.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks