What's new

Will we see ORDINARY PEOPLE and IN THE HEAT OF THE NIGHT anytime soon? (1 Viewer)

L

Larry-Bender

Why are they holding back on releasing these two oscar winning 'Best picture of the year"films?

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Larry-Bender said:
Why are they holding back on releasing these two oscar winning 'Best picture of the year"films?
I wouldn't worry. I expect one if not both of these to turn up next year. Sony releases groups of Blu-rays every few months, sometimes as Wal Mart or other big box exclusives, sometimes as general releases, and usually with almost no fanfare or even much advance warning, I think we'll see IN THE HEAT OF THE NIGHT in one of these near-throwaway bunches, maybe with another catalog United Artists title or two.
ORDINARY PEOPLE should be one of Paramount's in-house prestige releases, but they might licence it out to someone. I think it will be released sooner than later, though.
Just MHO.

Oliver Siegel

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Oliver
Dick said:
I wouldn't worry. I expect one if not both of these to turn up next year. Sony releases groups of Blu-rays every few months, sometimes as Wal Mart or other big box exclusives, sometimes as general releases, and usually with almost no fanfare or even much advance warning, I think we'll see IN THE HEAT OF THE NIGHT in one of these near-throwaway bunches, maybe with another catalog United Artists title or two.
ORDINARY PEOPLE should be one of Paramount's in-house prestige releases, but they might licence it out to someone. I think it will be released sooner than later, though.
Just MHO.
IN THE HEAT OF THE NIGHT is MGM not Sony.Btw,would love to see both of them on BD!

Erik_H

Stunt Coordinator
Earlier this month, there was an announcement that Paramount would license over 600 titles to Warner Bros. for Blu Ray and DVD distribution beginning in 2013. Among the three titles specified: "Terms of Endearment" (the other two were "Ferris Bueller" and "Airplane"). If "Terms" is part of that large package, then I think it's more than plausible that "Ordinary People" would be in the mix as well---both were major hits and Best Picture Oscar winners in the early 80s.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks