What's new

Will we get ' SW EPISODE II' on dvd in a more timely fasion now? (2 Viewers)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
It's been about two years now since 'Episode I' opened in theaters, and were just now getting the long awaited dvd of it, and the first 'SW' film to come to dvd. It's well documented that Lucas will not be releasing the original trilogy for quit some time, but here we have 'Episode I', now what about 'Episode II'?
Will we have to wait as long for 'Episode II' to come to dvd, or will it be out 7 months after it's theatrical release? If I had to guess, I would say it shouldn't take as long for the next installment to make it onto dvd, but what do you think?
------------------
God bless the USA and the men and woman of our military and their families!
[Edited last by John Williamson on October 13, 2001 at 04:55 AM]
[Edited last by John Williamson on October 13, 2001 at 04:58 AM]

Calvin Cullen

Stunt Coordinator
Don't hold your breath. Lucas will probably want to tinker with the effects and milk the VHS market before releasing the DVD.

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
I think there might be a year or 10 months wait but I do not think it will be aslong a wait as it was for TPM DVD.
But I am not really a big Star Wars fan
Regards,
Ricky
------------------
jasvparbanner2.jpg

www.petitiononline.com/UncutDVD

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Calvin, I don't know about that, by the time 'Episode II' is released on home video, vhs will have both feet in the grave.
------------------

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Didn't the Digital Bits report from the Ranch include a statement that EII and EIII would have a release schedule similar to any other current release? If so, we should see it by Christmas 2002.

Blu

Screenwriter
Any NORMAL Non Lucas release or the 2+ year Lucas release schedule that the control freak likes to tack on out of sheer meaness?

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
There's something strange I noticed on the Episode I discs. On Disc 1 (the movie) the copyright date is 2000, but on disc 2 it is 2001. Could it be perhaps that Lucasfilm was all ready to release a movie only TPM on 2000, but instead waited longer until they could add more special features?
As for Attack of the Clones, Lucas will probably do the same thing, take as much time as possible to make a feature packed special edition, except we won't have to wait nearly as long.

Gruson

Second Unit
We will see Ep. 2 on DVD around November 2002.
Lucas has stated this but he changes his mind so much, who really knows!?

DanR

Supporting Actor
I think some of you are jupming to conclusions.
While Lucas did say Episode II would be available on DVD in the same time frame as the VHS, he did not say that it would be released for Christmas 2002.
Remember, Episode I was released 10-11 months after the theatrical release. Episode II may be released for Christmas, but it also may not make it in time for Christmas.
Regards,
Dan

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
You would think it would be released by Thanksgiving or Christmas - great way to capitalize on sales with the holidays.
One will have to wonder if they missed making as much money as they could be releasing Phantom Menace so late on DVD. However, considering how the milked the VHS sales for a while....they probably knew what they were doing because many of these fans will buy the DVD now too.

Dave Vaughn

Stunt Coordinator
From what I have read they are already working on the EpII DVD now (extra features) preparing for a release in November of 2002. At this point though, we shouldn't worry. As we all know, Lucas will do whatever the heck he wants to on his own time frame!

Michael Dueppen

Stunt Coordinator
There's something strange I noticed on the Episode I discs. On Disc 1 (the movie) the copyright date is 2000, but on disc 2 it is 2001. Could it be perhaps that Lucasfilm was all ready to release a movie only TPM on 2000, but instead waited longer until they could add more special features?
Since the movie contains some of the deleted footage that was supposedly finished only a short time ago I'd say that this is probably only a mistake...
------------------
- Michael
My DVD collection

Matt Wallace

Second Unit
My guess is April/Spring of 2003. Here's hoping I'm wrong for Christmas 2002.
Matt
------------------
"And I say I'm dead, and I move"....

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Storywise, do we (should we) expect EpII to be much better than EpI. I am sorry if this is off topic but can we even expect EpII to be better than EpIV or even EpV, we know certain things have to happen right?
------------------
Link Removed
15354t.jpg

------------------
My Favourite Movie

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
quote: Storywise, do we (should we) expect EpII to be much better than EpI. I am sorry if this is off topic but can we even expect EpII to be better than EpIV or even EpV, we know certain things have to happen right?[/quote]
Well, I've heard it's supposed to be much more darker, a la The Empire Strikes Back. That's all good and fine, but what I am most interested in is the lightsaber battles, which from what I hear put the fights in Episode I to shame. I'm not sure this is a fact, though; I'm sure a SW fan will correct me if I'm wrong.
Getting back to the initial subject: I really don't care how long it takes to get Episode II on DVD. If Lucas and company need two years to put out a DVD package as great as The Phantom Menace, then so be it.
------------------
Have you ever noticed anyone driving slower than you is an idiot? And anyone driving faster than you is a maniac!! - George Carlin
ICQ: 55259446 (or just search for "John Shaft"...can you dig?)
[Edited last by Kevin Leonard on October 14, 2001 at 05:00 AM]

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
I don't remember when or where I picked up this supposed tidbit of knowledge but I was under the impression that at some point after TPM DVD was announced Lucasfilm made a statement that II and III would be day in date with the VHS release but the original trilogy was on terminal hold.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Kevin Leonard, I think that Lucas will put out a great dvd package for 'EP II', and it won't take 2 years to do it.
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks