What's new

Will we ever get Starsky & Hutch Season 4?? (1 Viewer)

Randy*S

Second Unit
Real Name
Randy
Any rumors about the last season coming to dvd?
It would be only fair that sony finish the series.

Patricia

Stunt Coordinator
I just lamented about this on one of the other threads. It's being released in R2 on Feb.13. So, hopefully that's a good sign that it will be put out here soon.
And I think that the release dates for each of the first three seasons for R1 and R2 were close together, so cross your fingers that it'll come out in the next couple of months.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
I've been looking out for this one for quite a while and I'd like to know what the holdup is.
I think that the R2 release was actually back in October 2005. If you go to amazon.de you will find it. Very cool cover.
Charlie's Angels is supposedly getting a Season Three release finally on April 26th. Hopefully we get an official word soon, because they may release both S&H and C.A. on the same day.

Let's hope we hear something soon!!;)

LoriB

Grip
I have been waiting for Starsky and Hutch Season 4--I would hate to think that we would get the first 3 seasons and not the final one. It doesnt seem right to buy a season set if every season isnt going to be released.i`m still waiting for season 2 of Malcolm in the Middle-and SWAT

Randy*S

Second Unit
Real Name
Randy
Yeah let hope! :)
I think they were waiting for people to forget the crappy movie before proceeding with the dvds, the same with Charlie's Angels.
I really loved seasons 1 and 2!
Season 3 was good but not my favorite especially the last ep on disc 1 and one or two others, but it's my favorite cop show!
So bring it on Sony!

Jonathan-P

Auditioning
I never saw this show when it aired because I was a bit too young. I picked up the first season set because it was a good deal and loved it! The chemistry between the two guys cracks me up. I love it.

The movie was horrible. Only worth renting to go to the end to see the cameos.

If they put out the final season then it'll be the first tv show that I have complete. Would hate to have to import it.

Patricia

Stunt Coordinator
I can't understand why we haven't gotten this here in the US. Now, I don't know anything about how these studios work, but to me it makes absolutely NO sense that Sonys' released the first 3 seasons here but not season 4. It's been released elsewhere and I thought I would scream when the UK got theirs last month and there was no sign of it coming out here.

There's not much in the way of tv shows that I like, but this is my absolute favorite and the only one I'll watch over and over again, and it is so freaking frustrating.

What is the flaming hold-up Sony?:angry:

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member

Perhaps seasons 1-3 sold better in the UK than here in the States?

They could also be waiting to tie it in with the rumoured sequel (we could be in for a long wait there) or maybe, just maybe, they're holding it back to sell alongside the "super groovy, pimped-out" Special Edition re-release of the film? *

*-that was a joke. I know nothing of a re-release of the movie. The rumours of a PROPOSED sequel are real, though (of course, a lot of proposed sequels don't get made. Take Back to the Future IV, for instance).

Patricia

Stunt Coordinator
Let's hope they're not waiting to release it to tie-in with a movie sequel that may or may not happen.
It's especially frustrating for me(and others) who have never seen the fourth season episodes. I only discovered the show on dvd, and none of the tv stations here air episodes of the show. The last episode, "sweet revenge"(which I really wanna see), was released on VHS by Columbia House years back and I've been trying to find a copy for sale on the net but with no luck.:frowning:

Hopefully Sony will put us fans out of our misery soon and put season 4 out.

Patricia

Stunt Coordinator
Bump.

Anyone else optimistic about this being released here in the US? I mean, they put out the first 3 seasons so why not finish it out? Other regions have season 4, and it's the same company releasing it there, so I wonder what the hold-up is here?

Can't wait for it to come out here. Only dvd I really want.

tomRapier

Auditioning
Real Name
tom
about time it gets released. now i go and buy the series. im tired of uncompleted series. i usually dont wait but im starting to before i buy the seasons.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
YAHOOOO!!
One of my favorites! I'm very pleased to hear this news!! It's been a long time coming. It's been a good week for Sony releases, first Charlie's Angels Season 3, and now this!!
I guess it's all in being patient.
Lets hope we get the official announcement very soon!!

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Just some minor trivia: The 4th season Starsky & Hutch theme music was actually an expanded version of the 2nd season theme.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks