What's new

Will we ever get Filmation shows???? (2 Viewers)

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
WOW! I didn't even know France even had box sets like that!! In which case, I'll retract my last statement about settling for 5 eps per disc. I WANT THE BOX!!! lol. So let's see, the UK gets He-Man. France gets He-Man.......and we're still without? Now I'm jealous. lol.

Seriously though, I looked at the large images of those box sets, and they look extremely nice. I agree with you David. If this show were to be released, with packaging which looks THAT nice, I'd be more than impressed.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
WOW! I didn't even know France even had box sets like that!! In which case, I'll retract my last statement about settling for 5 eps per disc. I WANT THE BOX!!! lol. So let's see, the UK gets He-Man. France gets He-Man.......and we're still without? Now I'm jealous. lol.

Seriously though, I looked at the large images of those box sets, and they look extremely nice. I agree with you David. If this show were to be released, with packaging which looks THAT nice, I'd be more than impressed.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member

Well the problem with the france set is that they CRAMMED the episodes onto the discs, and they are rumored to look like crap (I havent seen them myself, only heard) and that the sets are only in french. No english dub, no subtitles.

Believe me, if they were any good, I would have jumped all over them in a hot second.

As for Jason of Star Command, Isis, Ark II - I would buy those all in a hot second. And the great thing is, with the low episode count, you could easly release them as one set on a couple of discs.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member

Well the problem with the france set is that they CRAMMED the episodes onto the discs, and they are rumored to look like crap (I havent seen them myself, only heard) and that the sets are only in french. No english dub, no subtitles.

Believe me, if they were any good, I would have jumped all over them in a hot second.

As for Jason of Star Command, Isis, Ark II - I would buy those all in a hot second. And the great thing is, with the low episode count, you could easly release them as one set on a couple of discs.

Jarrod Hines

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone literate in French want to give us the gist of this page?

manga-distribution.com/md/index.php?script=presentation&PHPSESSID=526e38ee656052b9040f6be88ab24faa

(Sorry about the link; I can't post URLs.)

Jarrod Hines

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone literate in French want to give us the gist of this page?

manga-distribution.com/md/index.php?script=presentation&PHPSESSID=526e38ee656052b9040f6be88ab24faa

(Sorry about the link; I can't post URLs.)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Jarrod: Google's translation tool rocks! Click here to see the translation of most of that page (it can't translate characters drawn as graphics, of course).

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Jarrod: Google's translation tool rocks! Click here to see the translation of most of that page (it can't translate characters drawn as graphics, of course).

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
Does anyone have a good explanation (besides the fact that the buyer was European, which may actually be the biggest reason) why Europe, including the UK, gets so many more 1980s kids shows than the U.S. does?

On a side note, I love the French version of the title of "Thundercats": "Cosmocats".

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
Does anyone have a good explanation (besides the fact that the buyer was European, which may actually be the biggest reason) why Europe, including the UK, gets so many more 1980s kids shows than the U.S. does?

On a side note, I love the French version of the title of "Thundercats": "Cosmocats".

Randy*S

Second Unit
Real Name
Randy

I'd like to know too Amy! Anyone know the answer?
ThunderCats would be great to have on dvd too!

Randy*S

Second Unit
Real Name
Randy

I'd like to know too Amy! Anyone know the answer?
ThunderCats would be great to have on dvd too!

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
I actually recall from the Warner chat that, for some reason, that studio owns "Thundercats". Alas, they said during the chat that they have no plans at the time to release it. I love Warner's DVDs, but they have so darn many cartoons and other properties in their vaults that I wish they would go against their policy and let another company have a go at releasing it.

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
I actually recall from the Warner chat that, for some reason, that studio owns "Thundercats". Alas, they said during the chat that they have no plans at the time to release it. I love Warner's DVDs, but they have so darn many cartoons and other properties in their vaults that I wish they would go against their policy and let another company have a go at releasing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.