What's new

Will we ever get Filmation shows???? (1 Viewer)

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory

Looks interesting but the fact that instead of showing the box art they show what the top of the disc looks like makes me fear they are not boxed...

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory

Looks interesting but the fact that instead of showing the box art they show what the top of the disc looks like makes me fear they are not boxed...

Marcee

Agent
He-Man and the Masters of the Universe is out on Region 2 DVDs (5 volumes). Here's some info about Volume 1 from a review on the UK site for Amazon --

Episodes:
The Cosmic Comet
The Shaping Staff
Disappearing Act
Diamond Ray of Disappearance
She-Demon of Phantos
Teela's Quest

Extra Features:
Fan Commentary Tracks on "Diamond Ray of Disappearance" and "Teela's Quest"
Character Profile: He-Man
Fan Art Gallery
Production Gallery
Series Bible as DvD-Rom Content

But, I did not find She-Ra or Jason of Star Command or Isis (I have pretty good tapes of Isis - hooray!). And, Star Trek: TAS is coming to DVD pretty soon according to TVShowsonDVD.

:)

Marcee

Agent
He-Man and the Masters of the Universe is out on Region 2 DVDs (5 volumes). Here's some info about Volume 1 from a review on the UK site for Amazon --

Episodes:
The Cosmic Comet
The Shaping Staff
Disappearing Act
Diamond Ray of Disappearance
She-Demon of Phantos
Teela's Quest

Extra Features:
Fan Commentary Tracks on "Diamond Ray of Disappearance" and "Teela's Quest"
Character Profile: He-Man
Fan Art Gallery
Production Gallery
Series Bible as DvD-Rom Content

But, I did not find She-Ra or Jason of Star Command or Isis (I have pretty good tapes of Isis - hooray!). And, Star Trek: TAS is coming to DVD pretty soon according to TVShowsonDVD.

:)

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter
Thing is, many of these titles are not owned by Filmation--they were just hired to produce the shows. This is why Paramount controls Star Trek, Cosby controls Fat Albert, etc.

I imagine in many cases the original negatives still reside with the rest of the library, however. This could be the reason why the Fat Albert footage used in TV ads for the VHS tapes looks so dull and grainy. (I haven't seen the DVDs so I don't know if this was corrected.)

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter
Thing is, many of these titles are not owned by Filmation--they were just hired to produce the shows. This is why Paramount controls Star Trek, Cosby controls Fat Albert, etc.

I imagine in many cases the original negatives still reside with the rest of the library, however. This could be the reason why the Fat Albert footage used in TV ads for the VHS tapes looks so dull and grainy. (I haven't seen the DVDs so I don't know if this was corrected.)

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter

They are boxed, excellently packaged, and the picture has been digitally remastered. The complete set looks great! I bought them as soon as they came out. Hopefully they'll release more episodes.

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter

They are boxed, excellently packaged, and the picture has been digitally remastered. The complete set looks great! I bought them as soon as they came out. Hopefully they'll release more episodes.

Joseph G.

Agent
He-Man & The Master of the Universe and She-Ra would be must buys to add to my tv on dvd library. These shows would help me revisit some of my most earliest memories of youth. I sure hope they come in season sets one day!

Joseph G.

Agent
He-Man & The Master of the Universe and She-Ra would be must buys to add to my tv on dvd library. These shows would help me revisit some of my most earliest memories of youth. I sure hope they come in season sets one day!

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke

I already knew about the UK releases, but since I don't have a region free player, they're pretty much no use to me. lol. Besides, if it were to become available in region 1, I'd be hoping for season sets.......or at least 1/2 season sets. But at this point, I'll take whatever they throw at us, even if it is only 5 episodes per disc.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke

I already knew about the UK releases, but since I don't have a region free player, they're pretty much no use to me. lol. Besides, if it were to become available in region 1, I'd be hoping for season sets.......or at least 1/2 season sets. But at this point, I'll take whatever they throw at us, even if it is only 5 episodes per disc.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I hope that any eventual Region 1 releases are a lot less like the single-disc releases from England that Tony Case is showing, and much more like the box sets that are available in France! She-Ra, He-Man.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I hope that any eventual Region 1 releases are a lot less like the single-disc releases from England that Tony Case is showing, and much more like the box sets that are available in France! She-Ra, He-Man.

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter
I'm looking forward to the older Filmation shows like more Archies, Sabrina, and the Groovie Ghoolies (There is an episode of Sabrina available that contains the Groovie Ghoolies). Also, it would be great to revisit the old superhero Filmation cartoons like Batman, Superman, Aquaman and the rest, as well as their live action shows like Shazaam! and Mighty Isis. A whole library exists from Filmation and I'm surprised no one has yet to release its main core.

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter
I'm looking forward to the older Filmation shows like more Archies, Sabrina, and the Groovie Ghoolies (There is an episode of Sabrina available that contains the Groovie Ghoolies). Also, it would be great to revisit the old superhero Filmation cartoons like Batman, Superman, Aquaman and the rest, as well as their live action shows like Shazaam! and Mighty Isis. A whole library exists from Filmation and I'm surprised no one has yet to release its main core.

Users who are viewing this thread