1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Will This Work With A Mac

Discussion in 'Apple' started by Carter of Mars, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Carter of Mars

Carter of Mars Well-Known Member

2. Christian Behrens

Christian Behrens Well-Known Member

Christian Behrens
    Should work just fine, although personally I prefer Firewire for my external devices (higher sustained speeds, which is important for burning). Plus on the Mac FW is faster than USB2 anyway.

-Christian

3. ErichH

ErichH Well-Known Member

The drive will work fine. I agree with Christian - Firewire is a better choice for speed, but are hard to find in that price range.
    BTW - Pioneer DVR-112 internal drives are around 30-35 bucks if you need something for a Desktop Mac (G4/G5/MacPro,etc)

4. Carter of Mars

Carter of Mars Well-Known Member

No, it's for a laptop. I've been using USB 2.0 for awhile with my drive and it's been fine. Thanks for the help. I'll let you know how it works out.

5. JohnRice

JohnRice Well-Known Member

John
    I have been using external Pioneer DVD drives for about 4 years with no problem. The system will recognize it automatically. BTW, for full functionality with apps like iTunes and iMovie you may need to install PatchBurn, which I have also used for years. Start without it, but if you ever find you can't do something with the drive, install it and it should be fixed. The fact is, I just install it by default.