What's new

Will This Setup Work? (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Justin
So I've gone 180 degrees on my setup. I've decided to put the projector in my living room. The room is 19x15 with 19' ceilings. It gets a good amount of light during the day, but with roller shades this will be reduced significantly. With the high ceilings and no side walls to contend with, light reflection shouldn't be a problem, unless I'm mistaken? The AR100u should still work well in this environment. My throw distance will be about 17' to a 110" screen. This results in an image brightness of 17fl.

These are the items I plan to purchase:

Projector: Panasonic AR100u

Screen: Elite Screens 110" Fixed Frame CineWhite

Receiver: Yamaha RX-V473 5.1

Speakers: MartinLogan MLT-2 5.1 speakers

I'm flexible on all 4 items if anyone has any alternatives. But from the research I've done, all 4 items have positive reviews and are within my budget of around $3,000.

I plan to have all the A/V equipment in a bookcase in the back of the room with the PJ. I will run speaker wire behind my baseboards to the 3 front speakers. I haven't decided where to put the sub.

I'm sure I'm overlooking something, but I think I have a pretty solid plan for now.

Any tips or suggestions before I press on?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks