What's new

Will this setup work? (1 Viewer)

JamieLB

Auditioning
Real Name
Jamie
I have a Sony(STR-DG710) Reciever. I'm wanting to get a pair of Polk TSi500 Floor Speakers and a Polk CS20 Center speaker for my front surround. I plan on moving my low end Sony Floor Speakers to my Rear Surround. Will my Sony Receiver push all of these? I'm not looking for maximum sound but just better than what I have now. My Sony Floor Speakers are from a cheap "In-box" set from Wally World. And I have a 12" Sony for the SW. Thanks Jamie

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
Yes, that should work fine. The speakers are 8 ohms, and to make things even better their very efficient. I'm not sure how great an idea it is to use the old speakers as the surrounds though. While the surround speakers are driven and used much less than the mains, depending on their quality you may do more harm than good to your overall sound. It can't hurt to try of course; but I'd spend some time doing a comparison. It might be best to go 3.1 until you can upgrade.

JamieLB

Auditioning
Real Name
Jamie
Thanks Anderson. My older speakers are junk but before I throw them away, I will try them in the back. I do plan on going with all PA if the speakers that I ordered do the job. All of the reviews I read about them seem to be very good so I don't think I'll be disappointed. Just out of curiosity, if I were to upgrade my Sony 6.1 receiver, what would you suggest I look into to eventually power a whole setup of Polk Audio? I honestly don't know anything about Home Audio brands, car audio is a different story. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks