What's new

Will there more webchats this year? (1 Viewer)

Matthew Prince

Stunt Coordinator
I would REALLY like to speak to Buena Vista Home Entertainment and Universal Video and DVD! I have quite a few questions to ask :D

PLEASE CAN YOU SEND OUT A GENERAL E-MAIL INVITING MEMBERS TO SEND IN QUESTIONS WHEN WEBCHATS ARE CONFIRMED!

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I don't think Buena Vista participates in these chats HTF hosts, I'd love to see something organized with Paramount though!

WillG

Senior HTF Member
A chat with Fox is overdue for this year. I have a feeling that they have not scheduled one because they have been making some dubious decisions lately (increasing double dips for one and also getting on the bandwagon of the premium priced 2-disc special editions) that would fall under criticism of the members of this forum. Hopefully I am wrong though.

Universal is a studio that is notorius for not speaking to the public. At one point they even stopped sending screeners to online DVD review sites (I'm not sure if that policy is still standing to this day though)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

Please....that couldn't be farther from
the truth.

More than any other studio, Fox has been
willing to do anything for this forum right
from day one.

I am certain that Peter Staddon would love
to do a chat with us, but I haven't bothered
to approach him about it simply because I feel
that most of their major titles are out and it
might be better to talk with them after they
announce their plans for the next Hi-Def format.

Fox has never said no to us. That's how supportive
they are of this forum.

You guys need to understand that studios don't
generally warm up to doing live chats. Though
they read this forum regularly, it is a very
scary proposition for them to be put in a LIVE
venue where questions are being asked and even
sometimes, criticism is being given.

Seems only the best studios can handle
the pressure -- and do it beautifully!

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Columbia would be the studio I would most like a chat with, but I would love a chat with Fox as well.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Well I suppose I am wrong, and I certainly do recognize Fox's contribution to this forum and the support. But I do know that Fox has come under criticism from members of this forum about some of the items I described above and the conspiracy theorist in me thought that maybe these recent criticisms could have had something to do with the reason why we have not had a chat with Fox this year (I can't seem to find the link right now for all the previous chat transcripts, but haven't they have pretty much been consistently in the beginning of the year for the past couple of years?)

It kind of seems sometimes that during chats or studio visits etc. people who might have had to answer some hard questions from members of this forum have not made themselves available (for example, no animation rep in the latest Warner chat. I also remember waiting to hear about the last HTF trip to L.A. because one of the stops was Sony Studios and I figured someone might ask point blank about them dropping WS transfers of their "Flipper discs" but no one from the Home Video dept made themselves available.) Not saying I know what the reasons are, but it seems like it has happened in the past.

But anyway, no disrespect to Fox or Peter Staddon. Again, I certainly respect their willingness to participate here in the past and will look forward to any future contact.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I think Fox does a great job with all their releases -

Excellent transfers, oar, terrific packaging... price is sometimes higher than their competitors but they are generally consistent and on point.

I think Fox is great and have no criticisms to offer whatsoever.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.