1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Will there be any more Mod Squad?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by cajunhillbilly, Sep 7, 2011.

1. dhammer

dhammer Well-Known Member

David
    I also have the first two seasons but no way am I going to let these studios hose me. I hate when they pull this number. They stop the season sets and make you pay more to complete a series. I am thinking of Route 66 in particular. I want the whole series but wil not let myself be manipulated by thieves. If they dont release the rest of the shows in season sets then too bad, my purchasing stops here. People aught to boycott these releases. I love whole series being released in one box set but not after I already invested my money in season sets.

2. Kasey

Kasey Well-Known Member

Kasey
    To be fair, VEI probably scored a good deal with CBS that is allowing them to make a potentially high profit on this. This isn't the same as if CBS were releasing it themselves all at once after giving us split-seasons. If there were already 3 or 4 seasons out, I may feel differently. I can always sell the 4 volumes I have after the set comes out. I have bought VEI's Complete Series sets of "Cagney and Lacey" and "Gimme a Break" and the pre-order pricing was more than fair: $139.99 (for the deluxe set) and $41.99, respectively. I assume the "Mod Squad" will be more than reasonably priced too. And let's face it--after 4 years it's not like CBS would put out any more split-seasons; I'm much more grateful they're doing it this way.

3. younger1968

younger1968 Well-Known Member

paul young
    Hi Dhammer,
    I do understand your concerns, especially lately there has been a pushed to release series set now. I ran into similar problems with Charlie's Angels, but decided to buy the set anyway. I will look at MOD Squad down the road if the price is decent.
    I am also cutting back my spending on dvds as i now have 100 shows complete along with 40 cartoons. There are some series i like to add, but they will be down the road. I only have one set in my pre-order and that is hardy boys.

4. Brian Himes

Brian Himes Well-Known Member

Brian
    I take these things on a case by case basis.
    Charlies Angels: Having 4 of the 5 seasons already it just wasn't worth it to me to have to rebuy seasons 1-4 just to get season 5.
    Barney Miller: Had 3 seasons out of 8 and zero chance of more seasons on the way. I bought it.
    Rocky Bullwinkle: Had seasons 1-4 and didn't buy the complete series set for just one season. Not worth it.
    Mod Squad: Have 2 out of the 5 seasons and will probably get this since there is likey zero chance of further season sets on the way.
    It all about the ratio for me. Owning over half of the series in season sets means I will not buy complete series sets to get the seasons I'm missing. If I have less than half the series, and there is little to no chance of getting the rest released individually, then I'm much more likely to get the complete series sets.

5. hypnohighball

hypnohighball Well-Known Member

John Sayers
    Dang - I just purchased both seasons that are out, haven't even watched them yet - maybe I ought to sell these now. :huh:
    I want the entire series!

6. cajunhillbilly

cajunhillbilly Well-Known Member

Willard
    I just saw the news at tvshowsondvds. I will buy this in 2014 after I get next years tax return. I can't afford it otherwise. That much for a complete series set it not in my budget. I only bought the complete series set of Hunter or Renegade when they were on sale for about $30 each.

7. hypnohighball

hypnohighball Well-Known Member

John Sayers
    Has an actual price been mentioned? At any rate, dollars will turn into donuts before you see the complete series of Mod Squad for $30!!! :laugh:

8. Guy Foulard

Guy Foulard Well-Known Member

Jason
    According to the CBS Syndication Bible (http://syndicationbible.cbstvd.com/), only seasons 1 and 2 have been remastered in high definition. Unless they are going to remaster for VEI's release, the remaining seasons may look a bit more like the less-than-stunning Cannon DVDs...

9. The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man Well-Known Member

Robert
    Maybe, maybe not.
    Charlie's Angels is only around 36 bucks right now, and that also ran 5 seasons.
    Of course, Sony does love to cheap out on packaging for the sake of lower prices.

10. Radioman970

Radioman970 Well-Known Member

James Perry
    Holy..! Is that a sale price or regular price for Charlie's Angels? Wondering if I should go on ahead and order that. Would rather wait...
    And I'm all for Mod Squad at that price too. In fact... well, the list is very large. ;)

11. joe o jr

joe o jr Member

I also have the first two seasons,but will order the complete series as soon as avaliable. It would be nice remastered,but having the whole series is better than not! Lets hope they do it right,but please just do it.I'M IN!!!!!

12. cajunhillbilly

Willard
    I will probably buy it as well. But big buys like this I wait for my tax return to buy.

13. Wvdvdguy

Wvdvdguy Active Member

Yeah this isn't a immediate buy for me either. Love to have it though.

14. Rob Mac

Rob Mac Well-Known Member

Rob
    I hope they have the sense to sell the set at a reasonable price since the majority of those who will be buying it already have the first two seasons.

15. cajunhillbilly

Willard
    I am almost done with season 1 of Mod Squad. Only have one or two episodes left. Then on to season 2. It is good to know I may be able to get the other seasons on an official release soon.

16. joe o jr

joe o jr Member

anybody heard anything yet? I'm getting antsy to hear something. Let's hope we get Linc,Julie,and Pete in our hot little hands quickly. Come on Mod Squad!!!

17. Rob Mac

Rob Mac Well-Known Member

Rob
    Season 3 split in two sets is due Sept 24 and season 4 split in two October 1st. They can be pre-ordered on Amazon. Although I dislike the extra expense of split seasons, I am happy they are continuing the separate seasons.

Ockeghem likes this.
  18. Brian Himes

Brian Himes Well-Known Member

Brian
    Totally happy that seasons 3 & 4 are coming out. I will be getting these and keeping my fingers crossed that the final season will be released.

Ockeghem likes this.