What's new

Will There Be A 'Best Of' Friends? (1 Viewer)

David Levy

Stunt Coordinator
In a similar vein to the Mad About You collection...

Not sure I could sit through/particularly want to own 10 seasons, especially given the indifferent quality at times...

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
There's already 4 best of's that were released before the season sets were announced, but they could always do more themed sets after Season 10 is released.

Andreas_K

Stunt Coordinator
I think it's very likely that they'll do additional releases. I don't think they'll stop with one "definitive" best of set.

If they decide to milk their property Warner could do character themed best of DVD's and/or maybe a release with some well known guest stars.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure Andreas is right. Studios are unlikely to stop releasing a hot show just because they've done all the seasons. Fox is doing the conspiracy episodes, and there's been talk of various Buffy sets, so it's plausible that Warner Bros would want to continue releasing something for Friends.

Gord

John McM

Second Unit
count me in

I would like to see a 10 disc set (of course, not in a digipack), with a disc of the best episodes of each season (and I know WB did a "Best of" set for seasons 1-4, but left out the most classic episodes of those respective seasons)

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I'll gladly stop after season 10. I wouldn't need, nor want a best-of release after owning all ten seasons. I personally don't mind swapping discs to view my favorite episodes. For those who don't want to invest that kind of money into 10 seasons of the show, a 4-disc best-of would probably suit them best.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Unfortunately, Friends is already available in a number of "Best Of" single-disc collections. You'll find them where they belong: With 200 other clearance DVDs in your Walmart Two for $11 bin.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I think that its pretty obvious that Warner is not done with Friends when season 10 comes out although I'm done buying them at that point. I looked at some of those best of collections for the early seasons and needless to say I did not agree with a lot of those choices, especially season 4.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
While it's true that they're probably not done with Friends, I assume that the first season of Joey would be released before any compilations...

Wezzo

Second Unit
Joey S1 has a street date of 25th July over here in Britain according to various e-tailers, but has a whopping list price of £50 ($110!) If the price is similar to that in America I don't think they have much chance of gaining new viewers..

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Now that's one show I will NOT purchase. I had high hopes for "Joey", and God knows I gave it a fighting chance. I watched about 5 or 6 episodes before coming to the conclusion that I hated the show. If the show's ratings are any indication, I can't see it lasting too long, not without some drastic changes anyway. Given the low ratings, it'd be interesting to see how many people would purchase a season 1 set. I really wanted to like "Joey", but it just wasn't happening for me.

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
Hmmm I love Joey, I think alot of people expected it be a Friends Clone when it wasn't they were disappointed. That's my take on it anyways :) Alot of Friends Fans said they won't watch Joey because they feel he wasn't the one who should have been spun off, that it should have been Monica and Chandler, but that's kind of hard when the actors didn't want to do a spin off.

I'd buy Joey on DVD.

I think I'd rather own all Seasons of Friends on DVD. "best of" are usually disappointing

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

I'd have liked a spin-off in which five of the six leads returned and they PRETENDED the sixth one was still around. Every show would be, "hey, where's Phoebe?" or whoever. The stories would revolve around that fact - nothing would happen except for people wondering about the missing friend. Now THAT'D be must-see TV! :D

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Count me in for a "best of" for each season, like the first four. I loved the content of the best-of discs, but they gave me a very wrong (IMO) impression of the series. I truly disliked most of what was on the season discs I saw, very inconsistent standards. So I'm not a fan, but if it's about money, they'll get some of mine with more best-ofs, but not any for more season discs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks