What's new

Will stores accept copies of Gift Receipts for after X-mas returns? (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I stocked up on the $17.77 season set DVDs at Target during Black Friday/weekend, and I'd buy 4 different season sets and only got one gift receipt. Is it okay if I make copies of that single gift receipt and tape it to each season set that I give away? I figure Target just wants the bar code that was generated for that particular transaction, so I was hoping a copy would be acceptable.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Patrick:

Bring the original receipt to any Target store within 90 days of the original purchase. They can pull up the original transaction and print up additional gift receipts...as many as you need!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Target is known to be pretty Scrooge-like when it comes to returns, so I'd do as Eric said and get authentic copies from Target.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I've started getting extra Gift Receipts from Target today, so that's the way to go before wrapping up the presents. I still need to visit 2 other Targets and get extra Gift Receipts from them. I guess I should have asked if any Target store can print up extra Gift Receipts from any other Target store.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

As long as you have the original sales receipt (not a gift receipt), ANY Target can give you extra gift receipts, no matter which Target store you made the original purchase at.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks