What's new

Will In-wall speakers work for surround Sound? (1 Viewer)

Bayzd

Auditioning
Real Name
Renee
We have a very small living room and want to conserve space. We are considering putting some in-wall speakers for the front and rear channels. Would this work, or would I get a lot of feedback?

Could I put the rear channels in the ceiling (pointing down)?

jwill242004

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason Wilcox
I have paradigm in ceiling surrounds for a 5.1 setup and they sound awesome. My ceiling height is 10ft and i just had to adjust the level on the receiver to accomodate the distance difference between the surrounds and my other speakers. In wall speakers for fronts and center work very nice too.

jwill242004

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason Wilcox
one thing to make sure of when mounting the in ceiling surrounds is to align the tweeters in these speakers perpindicular with the wall your TV is on (only applies if your surrounds have dual tweeters like mine do)

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I mounted my surrounds in the ceiling in my current living room, the LR of my old house and the LR of a friend's house. All three turned out great. I used the Dayton brand from Parts Express on the last two installs. Turns out that they are the EXACT same speaker I used on my first install but the Daytons were 1/3 the cost of the "name brand" speaker.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks