1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Will In-wall speakers work for surround Sound?

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Bayzd, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Bayzd

Bayzd Auditioning

We have a very small living room and want to conserve space. We are considering putting some in-wall speakers for the front and rear channels. Would this work, or would I get a lot of feedback?

Could I put the rear channels in the ceiling (pointing down)?

2. jwill242004

jwill242004 Stunt Coordinator

I have paradigm in ceiling surrounds for a 5.1 setup and they sound awesome. My ceiling height is 10ft and i just had to adjust the level on the receiver to accomodate the distance difference between the surrounds and my other speakers. In wall speakers for fronts and center work very nice too.

3. jwill242004

jwill242004 Stunt Coordinator

one thing to make sure of when mounting the in ceiling surrounds is to align the tweeters in these speakers perpindicular with the wall your TV is on (only applies if your surrounds have dual tweeters like mine do)

4. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    I mounted my surrounds in the ceiling in my current living room, the LR of my old house and the LR of a friend's house. All three turned out great. I used the Dayton brand from Parts Express on the last two installs. Turns out that they are the EXACT same speaker I used on my first install but the Daytons were 1/3 the cost of the "name brand" speaker.

-Robert