What's new

Will & Grace Season 4? (1 Viewer)

CraigL

Screenwriter
Any word?

R2 is getting Season 5 this month. We finally have a chance to catch up with them! :)

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Good news, CraigL! According to TV Shows on DVD we will see s.4 in August. I can't wait!

Season four has my favorite Jack and Karen moment when Jack swipes Karen's credit card "through" Karen. LOL "Denied...denied....approved!" LOL

CraigL

Screenwriter
I dunno if that's "good" news so much as just "news." I'm sure they're releasing it in August just to deal with the new season coming out. The interesting thing is that it was doubtful that season 8 would happen but I guess this means it is.

The UK gets season 5 next week.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
^ Really? I haven't heard nor would I ever suspect that NBC would be ready to ax W/G. I stopped watching about the time Grace married Leo because the show got to be WAY too gimmicky and just plain insulting. But since just about every other comedy is tanking on the network, I can't imagine it would be bumped. Maybe to another night, paired with Scrubs...but somewhere other than in direct competition with Survivor.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member

Yep, and unusually we've got all the epsodes in one go (as opposed to the normal practice of half the season on 4 episodes per disc in one release and then the rest a couple of months later). Of course, guess who ordered and had shipped the individual discs before he discovered they were offering a box set at about half the price. :angry:

Thank goodness this is the last set I want to buy (I personally thought it jumped the shark during Series 5; your mileage may vary).

CraigL

Screenwriter
There have been LOTS of rumors about it being cancelled and amongst the fans, it's been rumored for a while. Also, more rumors about the cast arguing and some of them wanting to go off and do other things have been around for a while. Not saying there's truth to them but these types of things weren't around for the first few seasons and it actually received it's lowest ratings ever (I believe) recently.

To get back on track though, Andrew, do you know if the bloopers on the UK series 1 dvd are different from the US? I heard they were.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Thanks Craig. I generally keep up on this kind of thing and I had just never heard it. I would think that when the final season does roll around, NBC would promote the living snot out of it like it did Friends and will inevitably do with ER in the not-too-distant future.

CraigL

Screenwriter
Yeah, I'm thinking that unless they bring back the creators and go out with a bang, Season 8 will be the end of the series. I don't understand keeping it on until it's completely dead. I'm one of it's biggest fans and there's only been a handful of episodes in the last 2 seasons that were of the quality that 1-4 gave us. Season 5 teetered off at times. Then 6 and 7 just completely lost it. It's sad to watch something that you once loved turn into something so cliche and ordinary...and unfunny. :frowning:

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I think the last *really* good eppy I saw of the show was the two parter where Will and Grace are fighting over having a baby.

There are dozens of ways to mix it up a little bit with the regular four, but no one seems willing to take a little bit of a chance with it anymore.

Phil_L

Second Unit
I stil watch the show regularly but have grown very tired of the endless celebrity guest stars.

PopBodhi

Second Unit
Real Name
Randall
I watched the first five episodes of season four last night - WOW! For a show that started at its peak it is aging quite well.

One other issue: One of the discs was loose inside the box. Thank goodness it wasn't scratched! :)

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
As I posted elsewhere, this set is the best NBC Universal/Lion's Gate has done for the series. EVERYTHING considered a mistake on previous sets has been fixed. I got it yesterday afternoon, and I've finished Disc 3 already. Since I started watching the series' first-run episodes in Season 5, I realized I had missed a lot in syndication, especially on the supersized version of "A Chorus Lie".

lester.p

Auditioning
I'm so happy that Season 4 is finally on DVD. :D

Like Elijah said, they really did fix things up with this release. They didn't disappoint with this one. :)

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
With the way this set was done, I might actually go on and continue buying the future seasons.

PopBodhi

Second Unit
Real Name
Randall
I can't wait for Seasons 5, 6, 7 and 8 to hit DVD! I love this show. I feel as if I've grown to know each character and that they are moving forward together. Will's earthy yet always fun personality, Grace's total insanity with regard to her relationships and life in general, Jack's breathtaking superficiality, Karen's killer rack/attitude and Stan's near-invisibility have carried me along on this joyous ride. I almost forgot Rosario. She's like a mother to me. Immortalized on DVD - thank God!

BTW, a lot of people criticize the show for having some not-so-great episodes and losing ratings the past few years. Well, I can only say that even I LOVE LUCY suffered from bad scripts and poor acting the last few years it aired - and don't even mention the Lucy and Desi Comedy hour!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks