What's new

Will digital CD audio differ from player to player? (1 Viewer)

Ron Economos

Auditioning
Certainly better than SPDIF but there is still
jitter based on my tests and Bob Katz' work.
You and/or Bob Katz have tested the Pioneer 47Ai and
49TXi combo (the only rate controlled 1394 equipment
I'm aware of)? I would love to see your test methodology
and test results!

Ron

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
You and/or Bob Katz have tested the Pioneer 47Ai and
49TXi combo (the only rate controlled 1394 equipment
I'm aware of)? I would love to see your test methodology
and test results!
I would be very interested in your tests of these two units as well Lee. I am anxiously awaiting the report.

J

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
I'm not so sure based on recent conversations, but we shall see - I may test that as well.
Lee how exactly are you going to test pit jitter? Unless you own a replication facility (or have access to one), and also have different rigs which have been proven to either impart more or less pit jitter, I think this could be very hard to accomplish with any reason of accuracy.

J

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Lee how exactly are you going to test pit jitter? Unless you own a replication facility (or have access to one), and also have different rigs which have been proven to either impart more or less pit jitter, I think this could be very hard to accomplish with any reason of accuracy.
Yes, no doubt it will be difficult, but you might be able to create a PSP-disabled disc for comparison.

Sometimes JVC will do these things as a way to promote its technical ability and to build its own scientific base.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks