What's new

Will any infomercial be available on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Sami S.

Auditioning
I'm wondering if any company has any plan to release any infomercial on DVD. I'm especially interested having the Ab Revolutionizer one released on DVD, which was hosted by Michelle Rousseau and featured an interview of Dr. Marc Rabinoff. It was shown on Eurosport in the year 2001, 2002 or 2003.
In a way, I've searched for that infomercial for years.

Sami S.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Paying for an infomercial on DVD....wow....I thought I had heard of them all. I don't think you'll ever see something like that released, sorry.

Gord

Sami S.

Auditioning

Thanks for the answer. I don't think that this is particularly special. At least, to me, it isn't. That particular infomercial has a better quality of production than many movies and TV shows.

Well, at least I have expressed my wish for infomercials on DVD in here and by e-mailing various infomercial companies about that ad.

Sami S.

Lenny Rakes

Stunt Coordinator
How much would you pay for the complete set of The Ab Rev, $60 dollars? How about $40.00 dollars? If you act right now you can have the complete set of Ab Rev for $19.99. YES, just $19.99 but thats not all, if you ordered within the next 30 minutes, we will throw in Billys Tae Won Doe starter dvd and a Ab Rev bloopers bonus feature in for absoultely free. An $80.00 dollar value all yours for the amazing low price of $19.99!

Sorry, I could not resist.

Eric_Bee

Stunt Coordinator
I actually do like one infomercial - the half-hour one for Time Life's "The Folk Years" CD set. Great music and video clips. I actually watched the whole thing once. Of course, there would be massive music rights issues for a DVD...

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Paying for Infomercials? It's bad enough they force everyone to watch them at all early times in the morning. This is a spamming thread.

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson
Wow...this may be the greatest thread in the history of HTF.

I, for one, would pay dearly for the entire set of "Amazing Discoveries" featuring Mike Levy and his assortment of mindbogglingly ugly sweaters, along with Ian the Crazy Englishman. Gallery Glass, anyone? The Juice Doctor, with special guest Jack LaLanne? Oh, the memories...

I'd also love to get my hands on the original Flowbee Haircutting System infomercial, which looked as if it was filmed in the guy's basement. And one more classic: anyone remember the Y-Bron male potency drug infomercial with Lyle Waggoner? God that was hysterical...

ethanTo

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, I am with you on this one Mark, I am not ashamed to admit that there is one BEST OF... DVD I would actually purchase..

The Best of Miss Cleo

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I think the only reason we don't have Miss Cleo on DVD is because no one has any idea if they would sell well or not ;)

Lenny Rakes

Stunt Coordinator

Maybe you could contact her thru the $3.99 per minute spiritual plane and ask her to look into the crystal ball to see if there is a DVD in the works. Also, ask her to look into the far future to see if there will ever be a second season of Happy Days.:)

As for me, I would really like to see all the Suzzane Summers ThighMaster infomercials released on DVD with the regular commercials and a added commentary included as bonus features.

Claude North

Second Unit
I wouldn't mind having the Lauren Hutton Face Disc infomercial and her long-gone hormone replacement therapy ad on one disc.

On a more serious note, the only way I could imagine an infomercial getting a DVD release is if someone from an infomercial became a major film or TV star and the infomercial was included as an extra on one of his or her Hollywood releases

Katherine_K

Second Unit

Actually I think this scenerio would more likely make it so that the infomercial would never be seen again.

Real Name
Germán Ramirez
Haha, great thread. How about a 'Best Commercials of Television' DVD set? With each DVD dedicated to a different decade, disc 1 for the '50s, disc 2 for the '60s and so on. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks