1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Will any infomercial be available on DVD?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Sami S., Jun 27, 2006.

1. Sami S.

Sami S. Auditioning

I'm wondering if any company has any plan to release any infomercial on DVD. I'm especially interested having the Ab Revolutionizer one released on DVD, which was hosted by Michelle Rousseau and featured an interview of Dr. Marc Rabinoff. It was shown on Eurosport in the year 2001, 2002 or 2003.
    In a way, I've searched for that infomercial for years.

Sami S.

2. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Screenwriter

Paying for an infomercial on DVD....wow....I thought I had heard of them all. I don't think you'll ever see something like that released, sorry.

Gord

3. Sami S.

Sami S. Auditioning

Thanks for the answer. I don't think that this is particularly special. At least, to me, it isn't. That particular infomercial has a better quality of production than many movies and TV shows.

Well, at least I have expressed my wish for infomercials on DVD in here and by e-mailing various infomercial companies about that ad.

Sami S.

4. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

Why pay for them when you can get them for free

5. Lenny Rakes

Lenny Rakes Stunt Coordinator

How much would you pay for the complete set of The Ab Rev, $60 dollars? How about $40.00 dollars? If you act right now you can have the complete set of Ab Rev for $19.99. YES, just $19.99 but thats not all, if you ordered within the next 30 minutes, we will throw in Billys Tae Won Doe starter dvd and a Ab Rev bloopers bonus feature in for absoultely free. An $80.00 dollar value all yours for the amazing low price of $19.99!

Sorry, I could not resist.

6. Michael Alden

Michael Alden Supporting Actor

This has to be a gag thread, right?

7. MarkHastings

well yeah, I tend to gag when I see infomercials. [​IMG]

8. Eric_Bee

Eric_Bee Stunt Coordinator

I actually do like one infomercial - the half-hour one for Time Life's "The Folk Years" CD set. Great music and video clips. I actually watched the whole thing once. Of course, there would be massive music rights issues for a DVD...

9. Charles Ellis

Charles Ellis Screenwriter

Suddenly I feel nostalgic for Lori Davis and Susan Powter.....

10. Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge Screenwriter

Paying for Infomercials? It's bad enough they force everyone to watch them at all early times in the morning. This is a spamming thread.

11. Jeffrey Nelson

Jeffrey Nelson Screenwriter

Jeffrey Nelson
    Wow...this may be the greatest thread in the history of HTF.

I, for one, would pay dearly for the entire set of "Amazing Discoveries" featuring Mike Levy and his assortment of mindbogglingly ugly sweaters, along with Ian the Crazy Englishman. Gallery Glass, anyone? The Juice Doctor, with special guest Jack LaLanne? Oh, the memories...

I'd also love to get my hands on the original Flowbee Haircutting System infomercial, which looked as if it was filmed in the guy's basement. And one more classic: anyone remember the Y-Bron male potency drug infomercial with Lyle Waggoner? God that was hysterical...

12. Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge Screenwriter

What about the infamous Ronco products or the Miss Cleo infomercials?

13. ethanTo

ethanTo Stunt Coordinator

Ok, I am with you on this one Mark, I am not ashamed to admit that there is one BEST OF... DVD I would actually purchase..

The Best of Miss Cleo

14. Katherine_K

Katherine_K Second Unit

Now i might even buy a Best of Miss. Cleo.

15. Jay_B!

Jay_B! Screenwriter

Miss Cleo rocked, count me in

16. MarkHastings

I think the only reason we don't have Miss Cleo on DVD is because no one has any idea if they would sell well or not [​IMG]

17. Lenny Rakes

Lenny Rakes Stunt Coordinator

Maybe you could contact her thru the $3.99 per minute spiritual plane and ask her to look into the crystal ball to see if there is a DVD in the works. Also, ask her to look into the far future to see if there will ever be a second season of Happy Days.:)

As for me, I would really like to see all the Suzzane Summers ThighMaster infomercials released on DVD with the regular commercials and a added commentary included as bonus features.

18. Claude North

Claude North Second Unit

I wouldn't mind having the Lauren Hutton Face Disc infomercial and her long-gone hormone replacement therapy ad on one disc.

On a more serious note, the only way I could imagine an infomercial getting a DVD release is if someone from an infomercial became a major film or TV star and the infomercial was included as an extra on one of his or her Hollywood releases

19. Katherine_K

Katherine_K Second Unit

Actually I think this scenerio would more likely make it so that the infomercial would never be seen again.

20. German Ramirez

Haha, great thread. How about a 'Best Commercials of Television' DVD set? With each DVD dedicated to a different decade, disc 1 for the '50s, disc 2 for the '60s and so on. [​IMG]