What's new

Wild Things: Unrated......Due April 20th.....??? (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Cover art sure looks a little familiar. :laugh:

Plus that doesn't even look like Neve Campbell! But I don't own this flick yet, so perhaps this version will be mine. It's worth owning for the steamy scenes and Bill Murray alone. :)

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Well, whaddaya know. This is available so cheap (approx 12 US-bucks incl. shipping from DVD Soon) that I preordered it even though I originally didn't plan to. I just hope it's OAR. What with this being Columbia you can never be sure so I'll certainly keep an eye out for the final specs, and the cancel button is only a few mouse clicks away. :)

Chris

Chris_Marin

Stunt Coordinator
You can now find our full comparison review of April 20th's Wild Things Unrated and the original Wild Things release here.

Sean Patrick

Supporting Actor
one thing that really bothers me about the original dvd's transfer is a persistent "jitteriness" to the overall picture, almost like slight registration errors throughout the film. doesn't happen in every shot, but in a lot of them.

I see the same phenomenon on the HD transfer that HDNet has been using when they show the film.

i think it's a good transfer otherwise. anyone else notice these "jitters" or is it just me? i even used to notice this on my old 27".....

Ocean Phoenix

Supporting Actor

That review provokes me to ask this one question- why would a new DVD release of a movie have fewer/less interesting extras than the previous one? It makes no sense!

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor

This is Sony we're talking about here. The Superbit titles do this all the time. Now that being said, Wild Things Unrated wasn't given a DTS track, so I agree that this doesn't make any sense.

Magnus T

Supporting Actor

It's not just you, I noticed it as well and found it REALLY, REALLY distracting. Some times it was so bad I had a hard time concentrating on the...ahem...movie.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I've noticed they are doing this a lot lately. It seems like more of a way to cash in on the movies without really spending anything. In just the past month or so they've announed multiple titles that are "unrated" cuts of movies, most with just 5-6 minutes of material that wasn't rated... not material that's too extreme for an R-Rating, etc.

Charlie O.

Supporting Actor
Maybe they just took the deleted scenes from the R-rated disc and edited them back into the movie to make the unrated disc?

Jason Bovberg

Stunt Coordinator
I just finished up a review of this disc over at DVD Talk, and I was able to determine exactly which footage is new. Here's an excerpt from the review:

[BEWARE SPOILERS]

0:07--A conversation between Bacon, Dillon, and Rubin-Vega after the school assembly. Campbell appears fleetingly.
0:52--Murray and Robert Wagner trade snarky barbs. (The only new scene that appeared as a deleted scene on the original release.)
1:10--An extension of the lesbian pool encounter between Campbell and Richards. We get new glimpses of Richards’ breasts and Campbell’s back.
1:17--A brief scene of Bacon investigating. Bikini-clad Richards is washing her car and angrily sprays Bacon with the hose.
1:42--Rubin-Vega has a conversation with a trailer-park denizen.
1:46--This first of two end-credits extensions finds Dillon and Richards snorting cocaine.
1:48--The second end-credits extension is a rather eye-popping shot of Dillon and Richards getting it on. Some groping here, and some general nastiness.

No extensions to the infamous car-wash scene, no extensions to the infamous motel threesome, no rumored new footage of Dillon and Bacon sharing a shower.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
About WILD THINGS 2, it is currently playing on the Mystery Channel (one of the extra Starz/Encore channels).

Odd film, in that it is essentially a reworking of the original. New story, but same sort of twists. If you saw the first, you know the twists so you wonder who was the audience for it.

Mike_Richardson

Supporting Actor

I've noticed it too -- it's also in every pan-and-scan TV print I've glimpsed. It could possibly be a flaw in how the movie was shot since it's so common in every version of the film on video. Either that, or the source they used to master the movie, is flawed and nobody bothered to correct it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks