What's new

Wii Virtual Console & Wii Ware Weekly Release (1 Viewer)

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
DSi:
Spot it! Mean Machines
Cake Ninja 2
3DS eShop
Spot it! Mean Machines
Cake Ninja 2
2 Fast 4 Gnomz
Freakyforms Deluxe

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
VC:
NeoGeo: Sengoku 2
DSi:
Come On! Dragons
Smart Girl's Playhouse Mini
3DS eShop
Come On! Dragons
Smart Girl's Playhouse Mini
Pokedex 3D Pro
Dress to Play: Cute Witches!
Johnny Hotshot

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
Wii VC:
NeoGeo:
Real Bout Fatal Fury.
Ninja Master's
NES:
Mighty BombJack
DSi:
Chuck E Cheese's Alien Defense Force
Zombi Skape
Rytmik World Music
Crystal Adventure
Christmas Wonderland
Invasion of the Alien Blobs
Bloons TD 4
3DS eShop:
Ninja Gaiden
Gardenscapes
Crimson Shroud
Murder on the Titanic
Pac Man
Aero Porter
Crashmo
Zelda II: Adventure of Link
Spirit Hunters Inc: Light
Spirit Hunters Inc: Shadow
3D Mahjongg
Sorry, no update for quite a while. I've been busy. It's significantly harder finding these updates if you let a week or two slide on you.

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
I'll probably add the WiiU here soon, but like the 3DS, I'll not be including download releases of major titles, just keep it to downloadable exclusive only.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by CaseyL /t/247380/wii-virtual-console-wii-ware-weekly-release/450#post_4014731
I'll probably add the WiiU here soon, but like the 3DS, I'll not be including download releases of major titles, just keep it to downloadable exclusive only.

The one thing I notice on the WiiU is that their online store sucks. I can't quickly sort out what's a demo, or if demos are available, and on the WiiU you have to go into the Wii sub menu to get to the Wii store, so you actually have two storefronts

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
I guess I haven't seen any unique downloadable software on the WiiU eShop yet. They've got full releases of some of their games right now, like NSMB, and a Raymond Legends demo, but that looks to be about it. I'm not sure there is much to be excited about yet.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by Sam Posten /t/247380/wii-virtual-console-wii-ware-weekly-release/450#post_4015756
Is there anything on the WiiU shop worth a damn? I hooked mine up but haven't gotten past SMB....

I haven't seen any as of yet. We'll see. That having been said, I admit NSMB and NintendoLand are some pretty great games. I picked up Just Dance 4, the kids should love that.

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
WW:
Vampire Crystals
DSi:
Castle Conqueror: Heroes 2
Anonymous Notes Ch. 3: From the Abyss
Cake Ninja - XMas
3DS eShop:
Escape Vektor
Riding Stables
3D Game Collection
Pix 3D
Wario Land II
Castle Conqueror: Heroes 2
Anonymous Notes Ch. 3: From the Abyss
Cake Ninja - XMas

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
I guess there was a couple of releases of some very exciting, games on the WiiU today too, like Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune, but I think they're retail games, so I won't list them. I haven't really figured out the WiiU eShop system yet.

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
WW:
Shock Troopers: 2nd Squad
DSi:
Goooooooal America
Jump Trials Extreme
Wizard Defenders
3DS eShop:
Goooooooal America
Jump Trials Extreme
Wizard Defenders
Fluidity: Spin Cycle
Johnny Impossible
Mahjong 3D: Warriors of the Empire
Super Mario Bros: The Lost Level
Mega Man

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
DSi: Galaxy Saver Snowboard Xtreme 3DS eShop: Gunman Clive Air Battle Hockey 3D Unchained Blades Galaxy Saver Snowboard Xtreme

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Sam Posten said:
Is there anything on the WiiU shop worth a damn? I hooked mine up but haven't gotten past SMB....
OK, explain this to me like I'm a 4 year old. Looking at the Eshop all I see are the 20 or so WiiU games, how do I buy and install older Wii games on a WiiU?

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Originally Posted by Sam Posten
OK, explain this to me like I'm a 4 year old. Looking at the Eshop all I see are the 20 or so WiiU games, how do I buy and install older Wii games on a WiiU?
You have to select the Wii Mode menu item first, to put your WiiU in Wii mode. Then it's just like you are using a Wii. Go to the Wii shop from there and you'll see the Wii games.

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
VC: NeoGeo: World Heroes 2 DSi: BioRythm 3DS eShop: Reel Fishing 3D Paradise Mini Wild Adventures: Ultimate Deer Hunt 3D 101 Dino Pets 3D BioRythm

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
A Note concerning WiiU Virtual Console Taken from Nintendo World Report:
Wii U's Virtual Console service will begin immediately after a system update to the console scheduled for Spring. Because titles are being reworked for off-screen use on the console's GamePad controller, Nintendo is unable to provide the entire existing list from the very start, however a selection of NES and SNES titles will be readily available to start things off. Prices will be the same as they were on the Wii Shop, however those who have already purchased titles on the Wii and then used the System Transfer to move their data to Wii U will be able to purchase the upgraded versions for a significant discount. In the US, the discounted price will be $1 for NES and $1.50 for SNES games. Furthermore, Game Boy Advance titles will be added to the eShop in the near future following the launch of the Virtual Console service, the first handheld Nintendo games to receive a Virtual Console version on a home console. No word has been made whether these titles will also become available on the 3DS eShop to go with their Game Boy and Game Boy Color relatives

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
Another Development:
To celebrate the 30th Anniversary of the Famicom in Japan, known as the NES elsewhere, Nintendo is starting a Wii U Virtual Console Trial Campaign. The campaign will allow Wii U users the ability to purchase select NES or SNES Virtual Console titles for the low price of 30 cents (or 30 pence) each with one new title be offered each month. Sticking with the theme of 30, each game will only be offered at the discounted price for 30 days. After the 30 days, the games will return to their normal price. This campaign begins today with the release of Balloon Fight and will continue through July. The release schedule is as follows: January – Balloon Fight (NES) January 23 - February 21 February – F-Zero (SNES) February 20 - March 21 March – Punch Out! Featuring Mr. Dream (NES) March 20 - April 18 April – Kirby’s Adventure (NES) April 17 - May 16 May – Super Metroid (SNES) May 15 - June 13 June – Yoshi (NES) June 12 - July 11 July – Donkey Kong (NES) July 10 - August 13

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks