What's new

Wii News Channel arrives (1 Viewer)

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Last Saturday the Wii News Channel went "live" and it is an interesting addition to an already innovative console. Yes, you can get your news fix from a variety of sources but the fact that it is a couple of clicks away while you are gaming makes it attractive to me. Add to that the fact that the interface is sort of a "Google Earth meets CNN" and it's another reason why Nintendo is showing the world that it's more than just about the pixels and the audio.

A nice enhancement, IMHO.

I've noticed that there are still some growing pains with the channel but things will get better over time. It's very functional right now but I had to smile when a news item involving Ghent, West Virginia showed up on the global map as being close to Warsaw, Poland. I guess someone on the team has to revisit Geography 101!

:laugh: :laugh:

My two Ghents.

:D

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
I checked this out. It's definatly cool, but I'm not sure I'll use it a lot. On a strange note, The first article I checked out was the formal announcement of the "Wii News Channel" on the wii news channel, then I read some stuff about PS3 launch in Japan. Is that bad?

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member

Not based on the apparent demand for the Wii vs. the PS3.

:laugh: :laugh:

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I've checked the news channel out many times since I received my Wii, and I really like it.
The main news I check for is Arts/Entertainment.

I also like it how you can check by the globe and just scan across different city/states to see what news is being offered to read.

great feature!!

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I usually also read the sports headlines and I would like to see a compilation of all the previous day/night's scores (maybe that's coming since this is a bit of a lull)? Also, the global nature of the interface might mean that Wii would have to cover sports from around the world. I don't think that this would necessarily be a bad thing (and quite informative), but maybe this would involve so much real estate that it can't be implemented at present.

Time will tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks