What's new

Wii-mote battery life (1 Viewer)

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
What's been everybodys experience with Wii controller battery life? I'm just wrapping up my second set, and I figure it's about 25 hours life. Is that everybody elses experience?

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I haven't tracked how long I've played on one set of batteries. But the life seems to be better than I would have thought.

Have you had any problems with your wiimotes 'unsynching' with the system? I've had that happen twice and had to resynch them.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I'm getting about 30-40 hours use on each set of AA's. I really wish that Nintendo (or some after market company) would come out with some rechargeable remotes or battery packs ala the 360. Yes, I know that you can get rechargeable AA's and all that, but I'm talking about some configuration where the remote (or a battery module like the 360) can be placed in a convenient holding stand when not being used rather than constantly opening the remote and removing the AA batteries.

Luckily, the time between battery switchouts has been bearable up until this point.

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
I haven't currently had any problems with the Wiimote "Unsynching". Theory there is that there's a problem with the remote. I believe Nintendo will replace those units, but I can't be sure. Overall it seems to me that the Wii battery life is fairly miserable.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I just use rechargeables, and probably get 25-30 hours before I get the message to swap out batteries. I don't monitor battery life, so I could be off in my estimation.

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
If you don't mind my asking, what kind of batts, specifically, do you use Patrick?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks