What's new

Wii: Inside the box! (1 Viewer)

RobLe

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, I didn't realize until now just how small the system actually is.

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
What is that thing with the red USB connector?

The Wii is so small, like a Disk drive small.

Chris Dias

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
---What is that thing with the red USB connector?

That's the sensor bar that needs to be placed on or in front of the TV.

Chris

kuliddar

Agent
I`m not sure where this is from but it sure ain`t the North American package.

UPC 0045496880019

WII Console Kit

In the box :

-Console
-1 Wii remote
-1 Wii Nunchuk
-1 Sensor
-1 Wii Sports Compilation
-1 Wii Stand
-1 AC Adaptor
-1 AV Cable

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I agree, that only has the remote not the Nunchaku and it doesn't seem to have Wii Sports....I didn't see it in those photos anyway.
......WAIT...the final layout photo is badly set up because the Nunchaku IS in there in the second to last pic, it is laying in between and to the top of the two internal boxes.

Lordy it IS small!

Paul Simmons

Stunt Coordinator
Good find Casey! Looks like the game cases lost the little memory card holder, but that's probably because wii doesn't use them in favour of the SD cards.

Here's some pics of accessories

WHAT IS THIS?!

Mike~Sileck

Supporting Actor
I believe that is a video output cable...

Actually I'm positive it is. Similar to a VGA standard type cable they use in Asia...

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
You know, I wasn't planning on getting a Wii. But this thing is really starting to peak my interest. I'm an old school gamer and enjoy games that you can just pick up a controller and start playing. Even my wife thinks it's cool. She said she doesn't want me to buy one, but today she asked me when it comes out. A hint maybe?

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett

Looks like Nintendo's strategy is working then. They're trying to hook in people that aren't normal gamers, and I seriously think it's going to work. I mean, first of all, there's the low price, but the "neat" factor really shouldn't be discounted for this thing. I'd love to see it end up reclaiming the console market for Nintendo, but it's going to be hard to do so with the 360 getting a jump. Then again, so did the Dreamcast... :)

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Back in the day (before work/married life), I had no problem sitting down and playing games that took weeks to finish. Now that I'm married, I just don't have the time any longer. Wii looks like it would let me get my gaming fix quickly and simply. It's going to be hard to say no to picking up a Wii.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil

Agreed about old school gaming.

As much as I love Zelda, I HATE games you have to pick up a walkthrough from gamefaqs in order to get maximum enjoyment. And I hope we see less and less of those.

For those who missed out on pre-orders, like myself and the lack luster advertisement of them, what's your backup option?

Myself, I'm heading out to the Wayne TRU at 1AM on Saturday night, if that fails, heading over to K-Mart, and if that fails, Best Buy on Rt 17 Monday morning :).

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I know this isn't going to make the deal for you, but there is a feature of the Wii (unless they changed this since E3) where you can put it in a sort of sleep mode and then later come back and pick up exactly where you left off. You don't have to save your file, turn it off, then later restart it and load the save. The DS has something like this, too, and it's really convenient and saves time (a few minutes or so, but still it's time saved).

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
That's pretty cool. I use that feature a lot on the DS. I'm really looking forward to the Wii. If I make it to sunday without my head exploding, I'll be doing good. I think It was said best In "The Last Crusade" Giddy as a schoolboy.

Paul Simmons

Stunt Coordinator
COSTCO ALLOCATION LIST! (canadian stores)

Found this on another site, however it looks like many stores aren't going to be getting any! However all is not lost, call your local store and ask them to check stock levels for item #811111. This list was compiled on Nov 11th so it might not be most uptodate at this time

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
I asked this in the Gamecube thread too, but as this thread is a lot more timely:

Do you think it makes a difference to have the Wii (or Gamecube for that matter) output progressive over component vs. having a processor, such as the iScan, de-interlace the 480i image from component (which is what I do for DVD playback as well)? Is there a more "artificial" component to doing it this way? Is all the information put out over 480i for the iScan to reassemble, or is it "guessing" when it constructs the 480P image?

I've run my Gamecube with that setup for years, mainly because the iScan lets me manipulate the aspect ratio...and because I can adjust the brightness of the game (why don't ALL games have that feature?) without changing the settings on my monitor which would affect all my other components. It looks quite good. I just started playing a few games again. May actually open up Metroid Prime for the first time. (I know!)

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
I'm not much of a gamer (have a PS2 that I play maybe once a month, maybe more after a new GTA has come out) but from everything I have seen about the Wii, I think I really want one.

Has anyone heard of what the best store to go to on Sunday morning, or is it a lost cause to even think of trying? I'm too old to be camping out and all of that. I have Wal Mart, Target, Best Buy, ToysRUs, EB Games all in my area, but they are all in different directions.

Steven_V

Stunt Coordinator
Nintendo will have a huge supply of Wii's for launch. So hopefully there will be many available on launch day.

I've read that ToysRUs will be receiving the biggest allotment of Wii's. Also the following link will tell you how many Wii's your local Target store will be getting. Target will also have a "buy 3 Wii games, get a $20 gift card" promotion running on lauch day.

http://wickedsick.org/wii_finder/

So ToyrRUS or Target should be your best bet in finding a Wii on Sunday morning. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks