What's new

Widescreen WONKA (1 Viewer)

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
I, too, am one of those guys who hides the pan and scan DVDs behind the widescreen ones. I was at Best Buy yesterday, and I even hid all the "Version You've Never Seen" copies of The Exorcist behind the original ones. :)

Michael Caicedo

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Caicedo
First, I have to return my "Full Screen" version to Costco. Whoa!! before you jump on me, my wife bought this copy having forgotten my little tantrum when I found out there was no OAR version in the first release.
furious.gif
We'll probably return that version this weekend and wait for November 13th. I'm buying in person, thank you very much.
------------------
Michael Caicedo
Winter Park, FL
- At my signal, unleash hell...

Phong

Agent
Mine is preordered (never even preordered the FS version).
I emailed Josh at WHV and asked if he might be able to provide me with an advance copy for review, but he said he wasn't going to get any in. Too bad, I was hoping I had made a few friends at WB with my petition.
wink.gif

Thanks again everybody who signed and who will support OAR with this purchase on Nov 13.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Like Tom B, I wasn't originally going to order this title.
But I feel it is important to support OAR, and we know that Warner is going to use this to state the case that OAR does not matter to the consumers.
I pre-ordered Willy Wonka last night.
Please, everyone, order the Widescreen version of this movie and support OAR.
------------------
-Rodney
No MAR'ed Films, I want my OAR!

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
Sean,
Check out the review for the disc over at dvdfile. It looks as though the new transfer is very nice
-Chad

DanSt

Stunt Coordinator
I also wasn't going to purchase this originally, but Warner won my purchase. The day it is available I will run out and buy it. Kudos to Warner!!

Barry S

Stunt Coordinator
I was at Best Buy yesterday, and I even hid all the "Version You've Never Seen" copies of The Exorcist behind the original ones.
Way to go! Bummer that Warner stopped producing the excellent Exorcist 25th Anniversary DVD in favor of the "Version You've Never Seen". But that's another thread entirely.

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
I just hope with not being able to find a widescreen Cats & Dogs for 10 days after it was released, I or anybody else doesn't have the same problem with Willy Wonka.
Joe-
------------------
:alien:
My Dvd Collection

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, still no sign of any widescreen Cats & Dogs in the B&M stores here, and I expect the same problem with Wonka. Well, time to check the net....and drop a note to some stores letting them know that because of no OAR, no sale.
icon13.gif

------------------
"This movie has warped my fragile little mind."

Prentice Cotham

Supporting Actor
I checked tonight and the Widescreen Wonka, as I suspected, is not in the Best Buy system so it looks like they will not have this title on the 13th of November. OTOH, the widescreen Cats and Dogs is in the system and on order. I suggest you order your Wonka from an online store.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
The Best Buy Web Site has a Willy Wonka release coming out Nov. 13. It doesn't stated widescreen (or anything else) but obviously this has to be it. But, I do know the Web site carries titles the actual stores may not have.
On any rate,I just pre-ordered mine from Deep Discount DVD.
[Edited last by Dave H on October 30, 2001 at 12:48 AM]

Prentice Cotham

Supporting Actor
I'm bumping this topic because people may want to mailorder this one. Like I said, it's not in BB retail system at all.

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
The cover images (both front and back) are up over at DVDEmpire. Now if they would only ship my order early...
Just in case you didn't know it is a Special Widescreen Edition.
-Chad

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I'm buying Wonka along with Criterion's The Third Man, WB's Doctor Zhivago, Columbia's MP & Holy Grail: SE, and maybe others.
I'm going out to the Mall of Georgia to see a 3-D IMAX, so while I'm there, I'm going to get a bunch of DVD's (I'm planning on about 200 dollars worth of single-movie titles...I'm saving box sets for Christmas.)

David Stucky

Auditioning
Ok, I have an old release of Wonka. Not the full fram one that came out a few months ago, but the other one that was older and wider. I am not planning on buying a new copy of Wonka just for the extras. I am not sure what the specs are on my old wide Wonka, but I am sure that is was not anamophic or superiffic. The seen with Charlie and Grandpa singing and dancing around the family shack seems to have been cut and pasted into the old wide version with tape and elmers glue.
Will the new transfer justify buying the title yet again.
Thanks...
------------------
Thanks...
Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks