What's new

Widescreen not full (1 Viewer)

EldridgeH

Auditioning
Hi,
Very new to this and was wondering if I'm doing it wrong! I have a Hitachi widescreen 57swx20b (great set) and went to play my first movie dvd on it (using a progscan Denon unit) and the picture filled up the width but not the top and bottom. Had to use the aspect button to fill with ZOOM and it cut out much of the picture. I thought a wide-screen filled the entire picture screen thus preventing burn marks (black bands at the top and bottom in this case). Anyone have any advice? Thanks, Eldridge ;)

BrianEK

Stunt Coordinator
Congradulations on buying one of the best sets out there. The reason you have black lines on the screen is because the movie was filmed wider than the tv. new widescreen tv's are 16x9 aspect ratio which new HDTV will be formatted to fit the screen. But the movie industry has no standard in format size. it's really up to the director of the movie. Some movies will fit perfect to your tv and some won't. look on the back of the dvd case and you will see numbers like 2.35.1 this refers to the aspect ratio of the movie. if you want the movie to fit the screen perfectly, look for the number 1.85.1, this really means 16x9 which is what your tv is.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks