1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Why?!? UK TV DVD Box Sets R2

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by 70sTVlover, Feb 15, 2007.

1. 70sTVlover

70sTVlover Well-Known Member

That's it, Universal have ruined all upcoming releases of TV DVD, first of all it was on occasion but now they've printed PLAYBACK right across every new box set that I like and they've screwed up the DVD's, instead of using slim line ones they use these weird boxy things (not regular DVD's)... Where has all the sense gone? Its a real shame as I love watching Murder She Wrote downstairs (R2 DVD player) but now I go from a wide screen TV to a crap screen TV... Thanks a bunch Universal Playback.

2. AndyMcKinney

AndyMcKinney Well-Known Member

?????????? Where has all your sense gone? What on earth are you talking about?

3. Michael Alden

Michael Alden Well-Known Member

Some of us discard the packaging, therefore it is of zero importance.

4. 70sTVlover

Sure the packaging is or secondary importance, but they've ruined it.. Look at Magnum PI season 3 R2, it's terrible. Why they can't stick to the same packaging as the US Ill never know

As for what I am talking about I only have a R1 player upstairs on a rubbish TV, whilst my R2 is downstairs on a wide screen TV

5. Christian Preischl

Christian Preischl Well-Known Member

Christian Preischl
    Well, it's not like the R1s are particularly consistent. They've changed from digis to slim cases back to digis (different ones though), and the design has changed, too.

[​IMG]

Notice the height difference.

As far as design goes, collecting any type of series on DVD (be it TV or films) is a nightmare. Let's be glad they haven't replaced any music on Magnum... yet. [​IMG]

6. 70sTVlover

Yeah, but they havent got playback slapped on them, have you seen the new cases R2 are using?

7. Christian Preischl

Christian Preischl
    Yes, I have (not the outer spine though).

8. Doug^Ch

Doug^Ch Well-Known Member

Was this photo for illustrative purposes or do you file your TV on DVD sets in non alpabetical order? If I did that, I would never be able to locate a set when I wanted it.

9. Christian Preischl

Christian Preischl
    That photo was simply to illustrate the different packaging types and designs of the Magnum sets.

And no, I don't sort my DVDs alphabetically. I sort them based on studio, and within the studios the sort order grows organically... sort of. [​IMG]

And yes, I find stuff. Nobody else does though. Hehe.