What's new

Why not show Simpsons Halloween specian ON HALLOWEEN? (1 Viewer)

Eric C D

Second Unit
I prefer to be optimistic - they're just kicking off next year's Holloween season 51 weeks early! :D

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

When the show first started, the Halloween specials were shown on or before Halloween. (I doubt the would have started having Halloween specials if they had to wait until after Halloween was over to show them.) The seasons used to start in September (and on one of the DVD commentaries, they state that one season started in August).

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

The show also started before FOX became a player in major league sports. FOX has only had baseball playoff rights for a few years now (hence the disruption to the fall schedule).

Jo_C

Second Unit
So long as FOX has Major League Baseball rights (particularly the World Series), the annual Halloween episode of "The Simpsons" will always be one week later.

Next thing you know they'll air the Christmas Episode around Valentines' Day!

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
So what did you all think of it?

I thought it was good, but not great. My favorite remains TOH V (the one with The Shinning, Nightmare Cafeteria, and Time and Punishment).

The Ned Zone was very funny. Probably the best of the three.

The Sherlock Holmes one was pretty good, but it got boring after a while. Same with the Burns one.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I thought "The Ned Zone" was pretty funny. The second sketch I thought was pretty weak. The third was ok, but not all that great.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I thought they were all lame. The best part of the episode was hearing the Perfect Strangers' theme song.

~T

StephenT

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, the Perfect Strangers theme song was the best and funniest part of the episode. I think that says a lot.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I liked it a few years ago when FOX would advertise a show airing a new episode with the disclaimer if World Series Doesn't go to Game 7. They did that whne X-Files was moving to it's Sunday berth. I just don't understand why they can't do disclaimers like that again around World Series time.

GeorgePaul

Second Unit
Yeah, I never saw the big deal about Kang and Kodos that they would be re-used in every...single...Treehouse...of HORROR. If Sunday's episode was an accurate season preview, I don't know how "The Simpsons" will make it to a Season 17 (of course, I thought for sure 20 years was more than enough for "Saturday Night Live," and that show apparently still ain't goin' anywhere).

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was ok but nothing to write home about, it didn't really stick with me after it was all over.

I won't judge the rest of the season on the Halloween special because the rules for that show are so different, that it can't be a good indicator of the episodes to come.

Although, I personally don't have a lot of high hopes for this season from some of the blurbs I've seen about plots. Some of the complaints from last season will be valid again.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I normally don't like the TOH specials, and this was no exception. Still, I laughed out loud several times, so I guess it was still time well spent. :)

The best part was "The Ned Zone", especially the vision with the sharks and how that came about. :D

The worst one was the "fantastic journey". The end with Homer and Burns was just too repulsive! :)

I'm still looking forward to this season. I always find something to laugh at, and I don't want this show to go anywhere.

/Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks