What's new

Why not home-theater-in-a-box? (1 Viewer)

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
Connect the DVD player's digital out to an available digital input jack on the LS-v900. Connect the DVD players video outputs to your TV. Switch the LS-V900 to "Video-1" for optical, "Video-2" for Coaxial.

Barry_B_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Barry
acoustiman said:
Why not home-theater-in-a-box?QUOTE]

It's an easy way to get your feet wet but if you're serious about the hobby, you see the shortcomings very quickly. I upgraded the surrounds in my first system the weekend after I bought it and the rest went shortly after.

I wouldn't quite call it a waste of money as it did the intended, but I could have used the cash in a better system to begin.

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
Wonder why the original poster has never posted back, to this thread he started? You think he's seriously interested, or posting something, just to be posting? Most serious inquiries, usually follow up on their questions.............

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
I hope you're right. But if he is then perhaps he should be asking the friendly folks at HTF for a little guidance in that area as well.

SethH

Senior HTF Member
As a follow-up to this thread, I was in CC the other day and saw and HTiB that I could probably actually recommend to someone in the future. It was a single package that contained a Denon AVR and some Boston Acoustic speakers. That's a pretty good combo. Sure, you could probably still do better for the money (it was $999), but for people who want simplicity I think it would make a very solid setup.

acoustiman

Auditioning
Real Name
Amith
hi, guys. i'm back. sorry for my long absence from the forum(i was on a vacation, and i don't own a laptop).:P
However, considering the long chain of replies that i got from you guys, i've planned to integrate a new hts of my own.
As I mentioned in another thread, i used to own a creative gigaworks 5.1(multimedia speakers).Mr.Joseph DeMartino(forum member) advised me to sell this system, which I did for $200, Rs.8000 indian money. i've never mentioned this before, but i'm an indian; note that whenever i speak of cash in term of dollars i am actually converting indian money to $; also note that certain products which are cheap in america might be costly here in india..
Now overall i have $700 and a klipsch synergy sub10(makes one pale when you here the cost for this 10-inch sub):angry: .
Presently, i'm gonna buy a house, which includes a 12x8m room. this room was used as a home theater by the previous owner, so i guess all the preliminary jobs(related with walls and ceilings) are already done. Now i have to buy the speakers, amps and the players. if you guys don't mind can i have a good combination of speakers and stuff that will be suitable with my sub and room. will i have to finance more money for my theater?
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

troy evans

Screenwriter
Amith, Welcome my friend. You'll find that there are many people on here from all over the world and this forum is much stronger for it. Good to here you've finally made the decision. As far as speakers, I have polk rti8's for the fronts, csi3 center, fxi3 surrounds and a Velodyne cht-8 sub in the front and cheap ass Yamaha sw 215 sub in the rear.. I really like the performance they have given me in my room. I am going to upgrade the subwoofer to a SVS model. Which one I'm still unsure about. My new SVS will replace the Velodyne's spot and it will be re-located to where the Yamaha sits. Now, that's just me. You may find my set-up weak in regards to what you want to get. These are the brands I like and met my price points.

acoustiman

Auditioning
Real Name
Amith
Wow! man your theater is a costly one. what actually is the use of two subs?guess i have to save more money if i have to build a serious theater.maybe i shouldn't have spent a lot of money just for a sub.how much more money do you think i will need to build a serious system?

troy evans

Screenwriter
Amith, What's available to you? Will you buy online or from brick and morter stores? Bestbuy carries Klipsh. Do you have a Bestbuy near you?

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Personally, I'm a big fan of Audioadvisor.com. They have great deals on closeout top of the line speakers and receivers. The prices are very, very reasonable for the products they offer. Their support is really good especially if they have replacement parts in stock. You can build a nice sounding system with all speakers for a reasonable price.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks