What's new

Why no more Barney Miller? (1 Viewer)

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter
I have season 1, but it's been a long time since it was released, and I haven't heard any word on any future season releases of the show. Any new news?

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
I heard that. I want S2 of Barney Miller as well. Why no S2 by now?

"When someone has this TV/DVD industry figured out, let me know. I'll treat you to a BBQ dinner in Dallas" :D

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
I have resurrected more "Barney Miller" threads in this section than I can remember the last six or seven months because the lack of action on this, when there is so little to enjoy overall in the existing Season 1 set, is quite maddening. MTM Season 1 at least was a full season of episodes and had some supplements.

Joshua Lane

Second Unit
Since this was released by Columbia Tristar, there's really no telling what's going on. Their release patterns are anything but predictable.

Gary W. Graley

Second Unit
Any further news regarding the seasons of Barney Miller?
Just got the first season from DDDVD, and now they bump
the price up from $15.99 to $19.99 it was on back order at first
so maybe they figured to filter out any more request??

But still, these seem quite poor PQ wise, still good to view though!
G2

tim cat

Agent
Barney Miller is following the same pattern as Night Court. Only one season will be released. My guess is poor sales of season one will prevent you from seeing any future releases.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
true, but it's been nearly five years since Larry Sanders and Sony still hasn't eased up on that one. You'd think Sony would be smart enough to realize how much more popular single-camera comedy is now than it was in 2002 when Friends and Raymond ruled the sitcom roost

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Check out Dave's post at TSoD
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Bar...-Season-2/8335

Not official yet, but it looks like S2's coming early next year. If this pans out, it sure goes to show that in this TV/DVD mkt, "It ain't over till it's over".

I hope the S2 xfrs are better than S1's.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter

Jeff, thanks for the post. What a really nice surprise! I had pretty much given up all hope for any further releases of "Barney Miller." I was pretty much resigned to the idea that I'd have my 13 season one episodes and two later season episodes that I received on a promotional DVD from General Mills a few years back, and that would be it for the series. Great news to be going with into the weekend!

Gene M

Stunt Coordinator
It's about time Barney Miller is coming back, and now I hope Kojack will follow!

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I hope not only do they continue their previously "dead" shows, but that they correct the editing errors on the older releases, including S1 of Barney Miller.

And I hope they eventually include the original pilot, "The Life and Times of Captain Barney Miller".

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I'm hoping this Barney Miller release (a show that everyone gave up hope for a long time ago) is a sign that Sony is now going to try and focus more on other shows in the vault that have been left behind now that Seinfeld and King Of Queens have both been completed. Hopefully in 2008, we'll see more Facts Of Life, Diff'rent Strokes, Maude, 227, One Day At A Time and others... we already know more Barney Miller is coming and I've heard Jeffersons season 7 is coming too (Wikipedia lists January 2). After a relatively anemic 2007, I hope Sony steps up to plate and delivers a great 2008. Yea, there's the HD/BluRay format war, but who cares? None of the other companies do, so why should Sony?

GeorgeJA

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
George Agnos
This is great news! :emoji_thumbsup:

I had lost hope that we'd get more seasons of BARNEY MILLER. I hope this "second chance" pans out. I want to collect the whole series, but if it could just get to Season 3, at least I'd have many of my favorite episodes (include the famous "Hash" episode).

George

Gary W. Graley

Second Unit
Now that is good news!

I can't remember when the one episode was, where the bridge jumper was
in the middle of the bridge, so they didn't know which district to send him
to, so Barney ended up with him, the guy said he was from the future.
Told Harris to buy zinc, it'll be worth the same as gold in the future...lol
G2

Dan McW

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
Richard Libertini plays the fellow who advises Harris to buy zinc in "The Child Stealers" (1/24/1980), from season six.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks