What's new

Why is it so hard to find the Warner Legends Collection? (1 Viewer)

Tim RH

Second Unit
Just got my copy of the box set in the mail today from Amazon.ca! Looks great!!

BTW, I couldn't even find any of the 2-disc DVDs by themselves in the stores, never mind the actual boxed set.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I just have one question: is this a limited edition thing? Because instead of rushing out like everybody here, I'm just sitting back and twiddling my thumbs.

Is there a sense of urgency I need here? :)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Items not yet shipped:
Delivery estimate: Nov 7, 2003 - Nov 18, 2003 1 of Warner Legends Collection (The Adventures of Robin Hood / Yankee Doodle Dandy / The Treasure of the Sierra Madre / Here's Looking at You, Warner Bros.
1 of Disney's Lion King (Special Platinum Edition Collector's Gift Set)
1 of Ultimate Vacation Collection (Vacation / European Vacation / Christmas Vacation / Vegas Vacation)
ijust placed that order sunday night.
estimate to ship on nov 7th?

for warner's it says, "Availability: Usually ships within 2 to 4 days"
the other in 24 hrs. so i'm confused.

Peter Rohlfs

Second Unit
Real Name
Peter Rohlfs
Bill,
I also ordered Deep Discount DVD. I called yesterday and was told they expected to get them in today (10/8).

I haven't received a shipeed email and the online order status still reads backordered (though this is somewhat unreliable, I've seen this status on items they emailed where shipped).

Hopefully they will ship soon.

Peter

Brian PB

Supporting Actor
I have had my box set preordered from Digital Eyes since late July. I sent them email Monday inquiring about my order & received a reply this morning:

Why did Warners market this set so aggressively (compared to other classic catalogue titles) if they couldn't deliver the product? Why not delay the street date, rather than partially ship to a few select retailers?

Not very smart, WB.

Peter,

Thanks for the news. I emailed DDD a couple of days ago and was told they expected it within two weeks. I hope what you were told is correct.

Bill

MarkA

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Abel
I just ordered it a couple of days ago online from Tower.
It was on sale for $54 with free shipping.
It arrived today!
Very happy with the service!

Peter Manojlovich

Second Unit
Well, I just hope that everyone's who's ordered this set gets theirs in short order, because it's well worth the money. The single copies are avalaible in my area at a couple of local b&m's, but in talking to them, they don't even have a sku for the box set in their computers.

As it turns out, mail order was the way to go in this case, but, I don't understand why in Canada, chapters and amazon would have this set, but Future Shop hasn't even got the single issues in yet. I find the whole situation positively bizarre.

Jeff>K>B

Stunt Coordinator
Peter, in case you're interested, I was able to pick up the box set at London Drugs here in Vancouver ($58)

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Finally found this yesterday at Borders. For the not so bargain price of 66.99

My first stop was Best Buy, and they said it wasn't scheduled until November 4th.

Ric

After hearing from MarkA (thanks!) that this was available from Tower, I called DDD today and was told they didn't expect it until the 21st. Cancelled it and ordered one from Tower. Also cancelled Christmas Story, which DDD had on backorder as well, for some reason.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Has anyone in canada seen this in the stores? I've only seen the singles available at one store, Zellers, with none of the B&M (future shop, Musicworld, HMV) haveing either the singles or box set.

Any word on when we can expect this?

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
I special ordered it two weeks ago from the local Hastings here in College Station, and there are some major distribution snafus. Went by last night to check the status, and the computer listing said it had been cancelled and reordered at least a half a dozen times. WB blew it with this release big time. Shame too since the product is so fantastic.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
amazon shipped mine yesterday and i got it TODAY!.

and i used free shipping option.

it was a little banged up though so i'll have to do an exchange. ;)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Saw this at Coconuts/FYE last weekend. Typically high-priced, so I didn't buy.

ZackR

Supporting Actor
FYI...
I ordered mine from Tower last Friday night (actually like 2AM on Saturday morning) and it arrived yesterday (Wednesday). That was my first order from Tower and I was impressed. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks