What's new

why is Carlito's Way OOP? (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
probably get a new or a re-release when the prequal hits theaters.

Kain_C

Screenwriter
What prequel? Seems like I have heard of this but I can't find any info on it now.

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter
Same thing happened to me--somehow, as a daily reader of at least four DVD-related websites, CARLITO'S WAY going OOP totally flew under my radar. I ended up finding a sealed copy of the Collector's Edition from a seller on half.com and bought it; it's a bit of a bummer because the seller didn't tell me it was the official Canadian, not U.S., release so (though the disc content is absolutely identical) I'm stuck with bilingual cover art but, hey, at least I got it before it was too late to find any copies at all...

Chris Cheese

Stunt Coordinator
Weird, didn't this just get rereleased as a SE within the last year? I still haven't gotten around to picking up a copy. Shoot, guess it's too late.

Tim_Stack

Second Unit
Looking forward to an SE of this. I could never tell which version some online sites were selling so I would always end up just avoiding it.

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter
Tim, there's already been an S.E. release (well, actually a Collector's Edition). If it says "Collector's Edition" on the top of the cover, you're safe; if it doesn't and has a red "Widescreen" banner at the bottom, it's the old, weak-ass movie-only release.

kurt_fire

Stunt Coordinator
DeepDiscountDVD has a 2 pack w/ Carlito's Way (Collector's Edition) and Mobsters (never seen it) for $19.20. I'm thinking about getting this. Anybody own it yet?

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
I was going to get that from DDD but when you put it in your cart it says it's not in stock. I wouldn't be surprised if they can't get anymore.

I wound up getting a sealed copy for $13 from an Ebay seller. You can still get reasonably priced if you're careful. This seller had his own picture of the DVD which I coudl see was the newer version.

kurt_fire

Stunt Coordinator
Damn, you're right. I just checked and it's still out of stock. Mighty fine movie for it to already be out of stock. Anybody know if a newer, better version is coming out w/in the next year?

Nick Totoro

Stunt Coordinator

I gotta' admit, this is a strange one. I think it came out sometime late Summer/early Fall of '03, because that was when I got it. Shame that it's OOP already.

Nick

Hans M.

Stunt Coordinator
I don't not understand the big deal. There's lots of CEs at Amazon at decent prices used and new from secondary market sellers. Plus there is no news on a new release.

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
They will probably re-issue the previous Special Edition sometime this fall to tie-in with the Prequel.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Trouble with buyingthis from Amazon or Ebay is that you don't know if you'r egetting the '03 release for sure unless you ask. The seller I bought from had a picture he liste dhimself that showed it was the newer one.

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
According to Coming Soon.net, CARLITO'S WAY:RISE TO POWER is headed straight to DVD this Fall. I would imagine a 2 pack of the 2 films will be released.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks