What's new

WHY do we do it? (1 Viewer)

Ager909

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike Ager
I think it would be safe to say that the majority of regular members on this site have spent a tremendous of of their time and money on their home theatre evolutions; I know I have. I often find it difficult to effectively explain to friends and family why I am so "obsessed" with this stuff. Today, I sat down and wrote what I think is my best answer to this question yet. I would like to hear why other people do it as well. This is my answer:

The greatest art that man has learned to master is the art of story telling. Be it through painting, carving, verbal or literal representation, the art of telling a story is the great equalizer of all mankind through the ages.
The pursuit of a stellar home theatre design is the pursuit for the most effective means of recounting our most beloved stories. Films offer the richest form of story telling. With visual, auditory, and creative sensory experiences, an effective home theatre can play the human spectrum of emotions like an orchestra.
This pursuit is so much more than an obsession with the latest technology or “boys and their toys” as some have called it. It is the pursuit to share our stories with others and enrich our lives through the experiences of others; in the most real way.

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
If they don't understand, after they sit down and watch one Blue Ray, it then, becomes much more clear to them.

The last person that experianced my home theater had this to say: Ohh my God, *pause* Ohh my God! This is better than being in a movie theater!

That was from my co-worker who has a 50 some odd inch LCD TV but that's it.. He's never heard a solid mid-fi or hi-fi setup.

atkins

Auditioning
Real Name
jeff
on a different but a valid tone, the price to go see a movie in a theater has gotten to high. its now a better choice to buy a blue ray and own the movie then to spend the same if not more to see it once in a theater. we try to come as close as possible in our means to replicate that theater experience in our own homes. after you start your system its like crack, it just draws you back to better and better your experience everytime you watch a movie

jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks