1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Why do some discs take forever to load?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Mike Heenan, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Mike Heenan

Mike Heenan Well-Known Member

Im sure this has been discussed before and I did do a search but couldn't find anything off the bat. I have a Blu Ray player, and noticed that WB discs tend to load quickly and start up with the movie after a warning or two, but Disney discs take like forever in comparison. Is this a "cache" issue, a player issue, or does Disney just like to torture people?

2. RickER

RickER Well-Known Member

Rick
    They load up a bunch of Java stuff. Some of those Disney titles have games, and menus that take time to load, even if you dont want to play the game, stuff still loads. However with firmware updates i have seen that time quicken up some. Mike, check your firmware and see if its the latest. I have a Sony BD S300, and it just had a new update in the last week.

3. BrettB

BrettB Well-Known Member

Get a PS3. [​IMG]

4. Ben Jordan

Ben Jordan Well-Known Member

Ben
    Seriously. I loaded up Ratatouille the other day, and it even gave a huge warning about the disc potentially taking MINUTES to load. Well, I think it took about 3 seconds on my PS3!

5. Reagan

Reagan Well-Known Member

Reagan
    The Panny 30 is also a super fast loader. It's also Profile 1.1. The only downside to it is that you need a HDMI 1.3 receiver to listen to the advanced Dolby and DTS audio formats.

-Reagan