What's new

Why do people let themselves be featured on COPS? (1 Viewer)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
If you don't want to be on COPS, they fuzz out your face.

To tell the truth, you have to be pretty dumb to get on the show to begin with, so I'm not surprised they allow them to use their actual faces.

Stevan Lay

Second Unit
Well the question should now become: Has anyone ever been featured on both Cops and Jerry Springer?

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
I recall on one epsiode, there was a drunk driver who said on camera something to the effect of "might as well show this. I was dumb to drink and drive and if people see how dumb I look, maybe they'll think twice." Not that erudite, he was intoxicated after all, but that was his sentiment.

Jeremy Illingworth

Supporting Actor
If they're on the street or in any public place I believe they have no choice. I also agree that the 'look ma, I'm on the tv!' mentality is prevalent. On the Canadian knock off To Serve And Protect, which I watch occasionally because I find highly intoxicated people so funny, all faces are blurred as well a licence plates (I think) and all last names are bleebed out.

jeremy

Don Black

Screenwriter
I'm pretty sure they have to sign a written consent or Fox risks legal exposure to slander torts. It's the same thing for the GGW videos, even though the "events" take place in a public setting, the girls still must sign a written consent form. The things women will do for a T-shirt... god bless them. :D

Tommy Ceez

Second Unit
I think if your convicted of the crime that your arrested for there is no legal recourse to prohibit your image from being displayed commiting the act. Sorta like people not being able to blur out thier faces on the evening news...suing for slander or libel only works if its not true.

Mark_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
Exactly. The reason some faces are blurred is because they are either minors, innocent and refused permission or not prosected and let go and refused permission. I had read that if they were found guilty, no permision was needed. Only minors, bystanders and folks not convicted needed consent forms signed.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks