What's new

Why are people such nasty SOBs when they drive? (1 Viewer)

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Our street in San Francisco has been turned in a designated bike path; they even put in roundabouts so they dont have to stop for 4 way stops. That's fine with me. So why the hell do they ride on the sidewalk?
I am walking my Scotties and here comes Speed Racer flying down the Sidewalk.
Are they just rebels without a clue or just dumb as a brick?

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Because they are as dumb as a brick! It's the same bikers who bike on the wrong side of the street because they think it is "safer" So they can actually watch the driver of a car plow into them, I guess. Sidewalks are notorious for accidents, especially sidewalks with entrences to car garages or parks.

I will only occasionally go on the sidewalk to go around a parked car with perhaps somebody in it to avoid being doored if I cannot go around on the road due to traffic but then I immediately go out the other side.

Jay

JoshF

Supporting Actor
Ugh. I was in LA last week to visit with family, and as usual, rented a car.

I hate driving there. I so don't miss having a car.

The thing that boggles my mind in regards to driving in LA is that when you signal to change lanes, the person in the next lane will SPEED UP to keep you from changing lanes. At one point I went ahead and started moving into the lane. This girl sped up so fast that she ended up honking at me and making it look as though I had cut her off. Mind you, when I initially signalled, I had about 5-7 car lengths between us.

She then spent the next 5 minutes trying to get around me only to cut me off abruptly and dangerously, her middle finger up as she drove off. Lovely.

I suppose this is why people in LA no longer signal when changing lanes.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
The thing that boggles my mind in regards to driving in LA is that when you signal to change lanes, the person in the next lane will SPEED UP to keep you from changing lanes.
"Good" to know that this trait is not peculiar to Singapore. Same problem, you do the honourable thing and signal intention to change lanes, the clown in the lane will speed up to block you.

The flip side is morons who want to change into your lane, but they're either side by side, or only marginally ahead by a nose (at most 1 metre), and think that by signalling, you are obliged to slow down and make way for their big-fat asses. And they get all riled up if you don't immediately slow down. The way I figure, since I'm the incumbent, I have right of way in the lane, and the one who wants to change into the lane should slow to get in behind me, or speed up substantially and pull in ahead (if there's space), rather than expect me to do the work. Agree or disagree?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks