1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

WHV Press Release: Scarecrow & Mrs. King

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Ronald Epstein, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SCARECROW & MRS. KING
    THE EMMY® AWARD-WINNING POPULAR 80s ACTION SERIES
    MAKES ITS HIGHLY-ANTICIPATED DEBUT
    ON DVD MARCH 9, 2010
    FROM WARNER HOME VIDEO

Release to Feature all 21 Episodes from
    the Show’s Debut Season in a Five-Disc Collectors’ Set

[​IMG]

BURBANK, CA (December 8, 2009) – Warner Home Video (WHV) brings the first season of Scarecrow & Mrs. King to DVD March 9, 2010. Starring television icons Kate Jackson (Charlie’s Angels) and Bruce Boxleitner (Babylon 5), Scarecrow & Mrs. King is a cloak and dagger dramedy, following the exploits of a secret agent who reluctantly teams up with a divorced mother. Scarecrow & Mrs. King: The Complete First Season will feature all 21 episodes from the show’s first season on five discs and will retail for $39.98 SRP.

Goodbye, PTA…hello, foreign intrigue! Single mom Amanda King leads a quiet suburban life in Washington DC until the day a dashing stranger shoves a package in her hands with instructions to give it to the man in the red hat. In no time, Amanda is dodging bullets, foiling assassination plots – and finding herself drawn to the dashing stranger, agent Lee Stetson, aka Scarecrow. Of course, Scarecrow has no interest in a ditsy amateur spy, no matter how pretty. But she certainly is handy in a crisis! Share the fun in the lighthearted series that proves laughs and romance are powerful weapons in the battle to protect national security.

The Emmy® Award-winning Scarecrow & Mrs. King first premiered in 1983 on CBS and aired for four successful seasons.

“Fans have been asking for Scarecrow & Mrs. King to be released on DVD for several years,” said Rosemary Markson, WHV Vice President, TV and Special Interest Marketing. “We are delighted to finally bring this wonderful series to consumers. Kate Jackson and Bruce Boxleitner as Amanda and Lee are one of television’s most charming and memorable couples, and we know fans will be thrilled to own this complete season one release.”

[​IMG]

2. Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis Well-Known Member

Ron, thanks for the news post. This one's a buy for me. I haven't seen these since they were aired in the 80's.

3. Mr. Pacino

Mr. Pacino Well-Known Member

Today Axelmusic sent already Season 1 to me, so I´ll probably get it next Friday(live in Germany).
    I haven´t seen the series for 25 years.

4. HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow Well-Known Member

Henry.
    Wow, that was indeed quick, I'm getting this baby next month. Hopefully Warner will see these older shows are in fact wanted.

5. younger1968

younger1968 Well-Known Member

paul young
    yes, i am looking forward to this release as well. i always liked kate jackson, she was doll. I have the rookies 1st season she was only like 24 yrs old. My fav angels were Jacklyn Smith and Kate Jackson. I still have a fascination with brunettes today, lol. My taste has not changed in 30 yrs, lol

6. Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux Well-Known Member

I noticed Amazon has an image of the rear package artwork up. If anyone cares to have a look.

Link

7. Mr. Pacino

Mr. Pacino Well-Known Member

Two days ago I received Season 3. The picture quality was not as good as many remastered CBS/Paramount shows(Hawaii Five O, Streets of San Francisco etc...) but I´m glad that Warner released the show. Hopefully we´ll get the last Season next year.

8. HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow Well-Known Member

Henry.
    I'm glad too only a little surprised knowing how picky Warner can be they still went with traditional DVDs for this title and not as an archive release (is it truly cult anywhere but in Germany?), but it leaves hope for more 80s and 70s stuff on the preferred discs, I should think. Yes, the picture hasn't been remastered but it's okay looking so I don't mind. Since it's only March now, maybe they'll pull another surprise on us and yank that final season out there this year rather than wait for 2013.