What's new

WHV Press Release: House of Wax (3D Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
That's great news! No mention of the sound in the press release. I wonder if we will get the same DD 2.0 soundtrack that was on the DVD.

Jon Lidolt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jon Lidolt
WOW... House of Wax in 3D and just in time for my birthday! I can't wait.

I saw this when it was first released. I live in Canada and saw it the day the Queen was crowned. We had the day off school and since the coronation couldn't be broadcast live from England in those days, it was filmed, processed on the plane while flying over the Atlantic and shown on TV later that evening. Since we had the day off for the coronation, every kid in town ran down to the local 1200 seat movie house to see House of Wax in scary 3-Dimensions. The place was packed to the rafters. What a day that was.. my first 3D movie and the Queen's coronation all in one day. A great double-bill, wouldn't you agree?

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Wasn't the laserdisc supposed to have color timing much closer to the original?

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Patrick McCart said:
Count me in for wanting Mystery of the Wax Museum in HD as well. The version on DVD has pretty bad color timing and isn't even progressive encoded.
I do agree, it would be very nice to get this in HD as well, standard definition just doesn't cut it when you are buying blu ray releases, at least not when the extra is in fact a pretty good movie in it's own right, this should be given the high definition treatment, i think it will be SD though, shame really but i doubt they will give it to us in HD.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Well, we need to keep asking and making our feelings known. If it hasn't happened, there's probably still time...

sabucat

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeff Joseph
Correction: We are NOT running House of Wax in any "restored" or digital format; we are running it in dual 35mm, same as Expo I and II. I don't know where this incorrect info came from; I see it posted on the Steve Hoffman Forum as well. Here's the complete schedule with the correct information. Thanks, Jeff Joseph Producer, 3-D Expo III

http://3-dfilmexpo.com/filmguide/festival-schedule

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Keep in mind that a 3D film on Blu-ray essentially takes up twice the space of a 2D-only feature with the same runtime. Putting Mystery in HD on the disc may be difficult simply from a disc space issue.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Brandon Conway said:
Keep in mind that a 3D film on Blu-ray essentially takes up twice the space of a 2D-only feature with the same runtime. Putting Mystery in HD on the disc may be difficult simply from a disc space issue.
At the very least, if they won't do a new film scan and give us it in HD then i'd like them to do a new encode, if it is standard definition then make it the best possible standard definition release and we can have it upscaled in the finest quality, use the AVC codec instead of the old MPEG2, don't just port the DVD edition over, a new encode would at least give us decent quality when upscaled.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Since the Wizard of Oz and House of Wax are both announced for release on October 1, why the special page for Wizard but nothing for House of Wax?

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
And still no pre-order listing on Amazon (the pre-orders for other October WHV discs "Wizard of Oz" and "The Haunting" have both been up a while).

GregK

Screenwriter
I think the extras will be included with a 2-D version of the feature on one bluray (This is the one ClassicFlix will rent out), while the 3-D version will have its own disc.

View attachment 2561

bgart13

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ben
Why "House Of Wax 3D?" Isn't the 3D at the top of the cover enough? C'mon, WB -- show some respect.And I still think it's terribly short-sighted of them not to present MYSTERY in HD (assuming this is still the case).

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Personally I'm just really glad they added Phyllis Kirk to the cover - this movie was probably her only "big movie" and she is great in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks