What's new

WHV Press Release: Dial M For Murder (3D Blu-ray) and Strangers On A Train (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Ejanss said:
But where would you usually find them? Would you wander around movie publicity offices going "Here, snipe, here, snipe..."? :).
Look at the bottom of the page shown below. You would order the posters and snipes from the same company.
26392364_dials.jpeg

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
bgart13 said:
Hate to bring this up, but will there be a 3D anaglyph version of DIAL M as well as the proper 3D format? I have zero plans to buy a new tv just for 3D, especially as every time I've checked out a 3D display I was absolutely not impressed (either didn't work at all or didn't look good).
If you have a Desktop or Laptop PC with a Blu Ray drive, you could buy a program called TotalMedia Theatre (whatever the latest revision # is, mine is 5) which inludes a feature that converts a 3D Blu Ray to anaglyph for 3D viewing on a non 3D display. While not perfect, it might be a compromise that you could live with until you're able to obtain a TV with real 3D capability.

GregK

Screenwriter
Reed Grele said:
If you have a Desktop or Laptop PC with a Blu Ray drive, you could buy a program called TotalMedia Theatre (whatever the latest revision # is, mine is 5) which inludes a feature that converts a 3D Blu Ray to anaglyph for 3D viewing on a non 3D display. While not perfect, it might be a compromise that you could live with until you're able to obtain a TV with real 3D capability.
The PowerDVD software also can take a 3-D Bluray and output it as red/cyan anaglyh 3-D. Do-able, but not highly recommended. Thanfully 3DTV prices continue to drop, which of course provides a far superior 3-D presentation.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
No, they had dropped Warnerphonic by time that was released. The only 3-D films with that system were HOUSE OF WAX and CHARGE AT FEATHER RIVER.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Bob Furmanek said:
No, they had dropped Warnerphonic by time that was released. The only 3-D films with that system were HOUSE OF WAX and CHARGE AT FEATHER RIVER.
And only the mono track and surround track survive for House of Wax. Don't know about Charge at Feather River.

JParker

Second Unit
Real Name
James Parker
Bob Furmanek said:
YES! I've been aware of this project since September, 2011. You don't know how difficult it's been keeping quiet about it!
The success of this release will be the impetus for more Golden Age titles from the vaults. I plan to buy three; one for each dimension.
4b5fff8f_534908_3995127803426_1889444711_n.jpeg
This is great news, Bob. I hope it bodes well for your future involvement in classic 3D films making the move to Blu-ray. I wonder if any other studio will make some of their titles available in 3D although I suppose you can't comment. Congratulations. And of course, you won't be able to tell anyone until the release date of the product, for reasons I'm not sure I understand. National security, perhaps, since Hitchcock was British.
Too bad some of the Warner films that they don't have a license for any longer ended up at other studios that aren't, so far, as conscientious with "4K" scans, etc. But if Dial M sells well, and I suspect it will, then perhaps attitudes will change.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Originally Posted by Bob Furmanek /t/321724/whv-press-release-dial-m-for-murder-3d-blu-ray-and-strangers-on-a-train-blu-ray#post_3941166
YES! I've been aware of this project since September, 2011. You don't know how difficult it's been keeping quiet about it!
The success of this release will be the impetus for more Golden Age titles from the vaults. I plan to buy three; one for each dimension.

I plan to support it by purchasing a copy also, and I do not have any 3D equipment, but if sales are good and more Golden Age titles are released, then I will move into the 3D arena. For the lack of a vote an election was lost, and I intend to vote by buying a copy.

Also knowing that you were involved, makes this a no brainer.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Thank you but just to be very clear on this.
I've been aware this project was in the works since last September. That's when I provided aspect ratio documentation to the studio.
However, I had nothing whatsoever to do with the transferring or mastering. That was all handled by Ned Price and the MPI team.
Bob

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
I'll be ordering as well even though my projection setup is 2D only. I want to support the release of Golden Age 3D on Blu-ray.

rsmithjr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert Smith
Does anyone know if the 3D version will play on 2D equipment? My understanding is that they are compatible in principle but that the studios can set the 3D version not to play on 2D.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
rsmithjr said:
My understanding is that they are compatible in principle but that the studios can set the 3D version not to play on 2D.
Correct. Luckily, this release contains both 2D and 3D versions.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Originally Posted by rsmithjr /t/321724/whv-press-release-dial-m-for-murder-3d-blu-ray-and-strangers-on-a-train-blu-ray/120#post_3942874
Does anyone know if the 3D version will play on 2D equipment? My understanding is that they are compatible in principle but that the studios can set the 3D version not to play on 2D.

The studios have usually only done the "3D only" discs for new releases, while having catalog releases be 2D and 3D on the same disc. The reason they do this is that it's much easier for the new releases to have a dedicated 3D disc while having the other discs be identical to the 2D only release, while for catalog they would rather have only one version to promote. Warner specifically has done this with their IMAX catalog releases and this upcoming release of Dial M.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks