1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

WHV Press Release: A Christmas Story: Ultimate Collector's Edition (DVD/Blu-ray)

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Ronald Epstein, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    A 25th Anniversary Tribute to the Original, Traditional, One-Hundred-Percent, Red-Blooded, Two-Fisted, All-American Christmas...

A CHRISTMAS STORY
    ULTIMATE COLLECTOR’S EDITION

ON DVD & BLU-RAY™ HI- DEF NOVEMBER 4

Retro Tin Packaging Includes Great Goodies Perfect for Gift-Giving Season

Burbank, Calif., July 7, 2008 – On November 4, Warner Home Video serves up an old-fashioned holiday treat with DVD and Blu-ray™ Hi-Def Ultimate Collector’s Editions of celebrated humorist Jean Shepherd’s A Christmas Story to commemorate the film’s 25th Anniversary. Ingredients in the Two-Disc DVD version ($39.99 SRP) include five collectible cookie cutters in iconic Christmas Story shapes; a 48-page cook book filled with recipes inspired by the film; photos and quotes and a custom-designed chef’s apron.

All will be festively packaged in a collectible retro holiday cookie tin. Also in a nostalgic tin, A Christmas Story UCE Blu-ray™ Hi-Def ($49.99 SRP) will include a Leg Lamp light strand.

The stand alone, previously released single versions of the film are also available. The previously released Two-Disc Special Edition ($26.99 SRP) will be available in new Amaray packing. A Christmas Story Blu-ray™ Hi-Def will sell for $28.99 SRP.

About A Christmas Story

A Christmas Story, a nostalgic view of Christmastime in Indiana during the 1940s, stars Peter Billingsley as Ralphie, a nine-year-old who has only one thing on his Christmas list: a Red Ryder Carbine-Action 200-Shot Air Rifle. With his parents unwilling to buy him the gun because he might “shoot his eye out,” Ralphie decides to mount a full-scale, hint-dropping, Santa-begging campaign. He also endures a slew of calamities from snowsuit paralysis to the dreaded tongue-on-a-frozen-flagpole gambit. The New York Times calls A Christmas Story, “maybe the best Christmas movie ever.”

Special Features:
    Disc 1
    · Feature film (Widescreen)
    Disc 2
    · Commentary with Peter Billingsley and director/ co-writer Bob Clark
    · Original readings by Jean Shepard, author and voice narrator of A Christmas Story
    · Documentary: Another Christmas Story
    · Featurette: Get a Leg Up
    · Featurette: A History of the Daisy Red Ryder
    · Triple Dog Dare Interactive Trivia
    · Decoder Match Challenge
    · Hidden “Presents”
    · Original theatrical trailer

The Blu-ray™ Hi-Def edition will include the same special features all on one disc.

A Christmas Story Ultimate Collector’s Edition

Street Date: November 4, 2008
    $39.99 SRP
    Blu-ray™ Hi-Def Catalog
    $49.99 SRP

A Christmas Story Two-Disc Special Edition
    $26.99 SRP

A Christmas Story Blu-ray™ Hi-Def
    $28.99 SRP

Feature Running Time: 93 minutes -- Rated: PG
    16x9 Widescreen
    Subtitles: English, French, Spanish

2. Jon Smith

Jon Smith Well-Known Member

Sold!

Why is the commentary on Disc 2?

3. Mike_Richardson

Mike_Richardson Well-Known Member

What a waste of time. Sounds like it's the exact same disc that came out a couple of years ago, all those extras were on the prior release.

4. JohnS

JohnS Well-Known Member

John Steffens
    It's Blu-ray.
    SOLD!

5. KellyVO

KellyVO Well-Known Member

Not fair I want a Leg Lamp light stand!

Oh well since I never got around to getting the 2-Disc DVD last Christmas I will ask for this and put it on my Christmas list for this year!

6. Mike_Richardson

Mike_Richardson Well-Known Member

It's already ON Blu-Ray.

You're excited about the apron then?

7. Jon Smith

Jon Smith Well-Known Member

I didn't even know that! I always thought the current releases were bare bones. I do live in R2 land however, so it could have slipped me by quite easily.

8. Radioman970

Radioman970 Well-Known Member

James Perry
    Wow. I was going to pick up the standard this year but I'll wait and grab this when I finally buy a BR player. Cool!