What's new

WHV Announcement: The Wizard of Oz 2012-2013 Moratorium (1 Viewer)

Well, they can show me by fixing the glitch, making some overly dark scenes (like the transition to Technicolor) a little lighter, and fix the mono track and offer it in lossless. Tone down the red in the image a bit, and we have a winner.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
Besides fixing the glitches, what else can they possibly do with it, except add a Pink Floyd music track? ;) Maybe that long lost Jitterbug footage will turn up by then.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
It's going to be in 3D. Seriously how many times can you release Oz, Casablanca, and Gone With The Wind ?:rolleyes: Perhaps they will find footage of Buddy Ebsen as the Tin Man or Judy in the blonde wig as Lolita Gale.

Well, someone found some behind the scenes footage of Judy in the blonde wig, outside of the stage greeting guests.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Eric I just went through that long thread of a few words By Robert on the previous blu release. Looks like you were the first to notice the glitch. I recorded a video off the tv of it that was hard to see but its there. A rep posted later about the glitch. Post with Video. http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/292926/a-few-words-about-the-wizard-of-oz-in-blu-ray/240#post_3618475 Response. http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/292926/a-few-words-about-the-wizard-of-oz-in-blu-ray/270#post_3625460 "In this particular case, neither High Resolution or the high quality scans nor the optical (which was, indeed, excellently done at the time) are the issue with the problem you refer to. What you see is an error stemming from corrections (painting) in the digital realm. The picture information of the preceeding frame is, indeed, clearly repeated on the left side of that (next, aligning) frame you refer to, causing a jump on the left only. This should have been picked up during the checks. OZ has at least one other glitch like this, a repeated frame at 22:39 (the same frame is first seen with a little piece of negative dirt on it, then, exactly one frame later, with that piece of dirt removed) causing Billie Burke to "freeze" involutarily for that brief moment when she moves. As for grain - the characteristics of the TECHNICOLOR process and materials differs re: grain structure and sharpness of the grain in the picture image of the BD release. So an alteration was made; but I agree with RAH that this (the grain issue) is not in any way cause for not enjoying the film. GWTW, by the way, does not have this particular problem. "

Yeah, I commented as soon as I saw it. It's on the broadcast versions now, as you have found. This is why it is a little upsetting to me. I don't want it to remain forever. I hope they will fix it (and the other one, which I have not noticed.) Of course, I hope they fix the partially deleted line of Garland's dialogue as well.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I recorded that from the bluray but have sen it on tv too. btw I remember that you created a second account because you couldn't log in during that topic. :laugh: The good old days. That topic is a fun read. Double accounts, Poeple complaining that the blu ray wasnt offered in the original wide screen version. Someone wondering where the scenes were of the Old Lady on her bike, scenes that never existed. It is still odd when your posts come up in the email notices as "http://www.hometheaterforum.com//u/96981/eric-scott-richard" instead of just your name like everyone else.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
mattCR said:
Wait, will the Munchkins be sporting NIkes?   Home Depot logos on the doors?   This sounds more like a marketing spin for Nascar then a film.. major sponsorship and branding.. branding what?
More like WOO Happy Meals, toys and video games.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Besides fixing the glitches, what else can they possibly do with it, except add a Pink Floyd music track?
May not be that far fetched anymore. Isn't Warner buying up E.M.I.? Maybe we'll get another release of "2001" that has the ending of the film synched up with "Echoes"

GMpasqua

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Originally Posted by Garysb
Perhaps they will find footage of Buddy Ebsen as the Tin Man or Judy in the blonde wig as Lolita Gale.

Doesn't really matter if they had released some of the other WB films that are sitting on the shelf:

Public Enemy, The Roaring Twenties, Yankee Doodle Dandy, Rebel Without a Cause, White Heat, Mister Roberts, Giant, Around the World in 80 Days, Auntie Mame, Gypsy, Damn Yankees, The Great Race, Who's Afraid of Virgina Woolf?

Would prefer to buy a blu-ray of each of those films then 3 blu-rays of Oz, Casablanca and GWTW

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks