1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

WHV Announcement: Planet Earth 6-Disc Limited Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein

2. montrealfilmguy

montrealfilmguy Well-Known Member

Thank you Ronald ! Finally, I could never understand why the equally fascinating 10-minute production diaries couldn't be included on the BD. So if i understand this correctly and remember reading a few entries here and there on the net,the image quality has been improved on this ? this looks like a beautiful item,buying for sure. I'd give the BD i have right now to a family member,but they don't understand english very well. And i'm guessing Richard Attenborough even worse.

3. Southpaw

Southpaw Well-Known Member

Definite buy to replace my HD DVD. I am a sucker for well produced, well narrated nature series and this one is my favorite. However, I just read that this release will have the standard DD soundtrack like the original release. Why not go the distance and include lossless audio???

4. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Well-Known Member

Something in the back of my mind told me NOT to click on this thread....."you already have the original release on BD, move on" it said....but noooooo, I had to satisfy my stupid curiosity as to what this edition has over the original release so I clicked it. Now, not only do I know that it has all the extras that were not on that release, BUT it's housed in a bloody sweet looking globe case that screams...... "BUY ME NOW!!!!":jawdrop: Guess I'll selling my original release now......Thanks Ron!:f ;)

5. Craig Beam

Craig Beam Well-Known Member

Craig Beam
    Looks like both versions have the discs housed in cardboard sleeves. *Sigh* That globe is nice, though... but no sale here. I'm not going to deal with any more scuffed/scratched discs.

6. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp
    Supporter

Russell
    The only difference between the two is the packaging right? I might go for the globe. I never did buy this one.

7. cafink

cafink Well-Known Member

I presume this is the UK version of the series, with uncut episodes, David Attenborough's narration, and the original episode order? When Planet Earth was first released on DVD & Blu-ray, that was the widely-available version, but Discovery Channel also sold their version of the series, which featured Sigourney Weaver as the narrator, with some changes to the order and running time of the episodes.