What's new

WHV Announcement: Once Upon A Time in America (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Originally Posted by Brian Borst
I assume you have the older version? Then the answer is: absolutely. The first two movies have been meticulously restored, the third one has been remastered, and there are tons of new extras, along with everything from the older box set.
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
When the commentary alone is 229 minutes long, maybe they shouldn't bother bragging about having 240 minutes of bonus material. " width="" />

Did anyone else laugh when they read the films listed for Deniro in the press release?

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Originally Posted by Aaron Silverman

GWTW is 4:3 and thus takes up somewhat less space on the disc than a 1.78:1 film like this. (Does the GWTW BD use those re-done widescreen sequences?)
My bad. It's been awhile since I've seen OUATIA, and given that Leone shot most of his output in Techniscope, I jumped to the assumption this was a 2.35:1 film. That being said, TV series on BD @ a 1.78:1 AR can typically fit 6 44 minute episodes in 1080p, with bonus features in HD, on one BD 50. GWTW has reframed the cropped sequences to fit with the rest of the film, if memory serves.

Did anyone else laugh when they read the films listed for Deniro in the press release?

Indeed. Three timeless DeNiro classics: Goodfellas, Godfather 2 and ... Little Fokkers.

Frank M

Stunt Coordinator
Originally Posted by Jesper Blædel Pinholt Hall

Indeed. Three timeless DeNiro classics: Goodfellas, Godfather 2 and ... Little Fokkers.
Don't forget "Machete"!

Starring Robert De Niro (“Little Fockers,” “Machete,” “Goodfellas,” “The Godfather ll,”) as David “Noodles” Aaronson...

Peter Neski

Screenwriter
Looks like we will have to wait till next year ,if we ever get a Zone A version of the new extended version,While MOMA when through with their screening even thought they
didn't have the new version,and showed a version that was worst then nice version they showed a couple years ago in the same theater
they did give out nice programs,and had Deniro say a few(and I mean few) words
what a shame ,this film is such a great looking film

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Originally Posted by TonyD /t/304188/whv-announcement-once-upon-a-time-in-america-blu-ray#post_3992059
What do you mean by NEW extended version?
Apparently its the original 4 1/2 hour version.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2012/aug/03/sergio-leone-once-upon-time-america

The version they showed at Cannes was still missing about 25 minutes due to some rights issues between Leone's estate (who is behind the current restoration) and Warner Bros. Martin Scorcese is now trying to negotiate the release of the extra footage.

Peter Neski

Screenwriter
Cut scenes ,some stuff on tube
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=once+upon+a+time+in+america+restored+scene&oq=once+upon+a+time+in+america+restored+scene&gs_l=youtube.12...9064.9875.0.11700.4.4.0.0.0.0.110.437.0j4.4.0...0.0...1ac.1.7ENW0S-51Is

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks