What's new

WHV Announcement: Hatari, Gunfight at the O.K. Corral and El Dorado (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Mark-P said:
Which Hepburn films are you taking about? Because Breakfast at Tiffany's (BD and DVD), War and Peace (DVD), Sabrina (DVD) and Funny Face (DVD) are all will Warner now as they are sold at WBShop.com
Damnit, WB can't stop gobbling up every title these days.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Now Available For Preorder

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wade Sowers

Second Unit
Real Name
Wade Sowers
For those who have not seen it, the third film in this "Rio" trilogy by Hawks (thematic trilogy,actually) is RIO LOBO (1970) which has been out on Blu-ray for a while now from Paramount - this one opens with an excellent train robbery.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Hatari!'s cover looks a lot like Shaft in Africa dvd cover. Why didn't they just stick with the original poster.

shaft in africa.png

hatari.jpg

Didier R

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Didier Rochefort
Mark-P said:
Thank you, Warner. You're the only studio who gives a damn about classic titles on Blu-ray!
Crazy talk! When it comes to this year's catalogue output, WB has been beaten to the punch by Fox! Boooo Warner, viva la Fox!

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Mark-P said:
Which Hepburn films are you taking about? Because Breakfast at Tiffany's (BD and DVD), War and Peace (DVD), Sabrina (DVD) and Funny Face (DVD) are all will Warner now as they are sold at WBShop.com
The Blu-ray versions. It was disclosed in the thread concerning the Warner/Paramount deal.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Mark-P said:
Also if you look at the packaging you will not see a Warner Bros logo on it as they do with the WB/Paramount titles. Just the Paramount logo. Just because WB Shop sells them does not mean they are producing them. WB agreed to sell Paramount titles on their web site that were not in the WB/Paramount agreement.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Wade Sowers said:
For those who have not seen it, the third film in this "Rio" trilogy by Hawks (thematic trilogy,actually) is RIO LOBO (1970) which has been out on Blu-ray for a while now from Paramount - this one opens with an excellent train robbery.
It's an excellent Blu-ray disc too!

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
ahollis said:
Also if you look at the packaging you will not see a Warner Bros logo on it as they do with the WB/Paramount titles. Just the Paramount logo. Just because WB Shop sells them does not mean they are producing them. WB agreed to sell Paramount titles on their web site that were not in the WB/Paramount agreement.
WB absorbed Paramount stock on these titles and put a "distributed by Warner Home Video" sticker over the original barcode.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Haven't seen the HTF pre-order links yet, but Hatari and El Dorado pre-orders are now available on Amazon.
Alex,

They were posted a mere 6 posts above yours on the same page.

Nonetheless, I have reposted the links below. Want to thank all of you who preordered using those links. Going to preorder my copies as soon as I complete this post.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Mark-P said:
WB absorbed Paramount stock on these titles and put a "distributed by Warner Home Video" sticker over the original barcode.
Check the past thread concerning the Warner/Paramount agreement. The Hepburn titles were not part of the deal. Warner only got 600 titles.

jim_falconer

Screenwriter
Robert Crawford said:
I love hearing the story told by James Caan on working with Wayne on El Dorado and how Wayne always got him in trouble with Howard Hawks the director. One time, Caan got so pissed off at Wayne that he was getting ready to slug him when Mitchum intervene and stopped him.
Ha, that would have been a quick trip to lights-out city for Jimmy Caan. He indeed lucky Mitchum stepped in.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
ahollis said:
Check the past thread concerning the Warner/Paramount agreement. The Hepburn titles were not part of the deal. Warner only got 600 titles.
Allen, I'm sure everyone reading this thread is bored to tears over our argument, but here is a picture of the copy of Breakfast at Tiffany's I purchased from Amazon earlier this year. 'Nuff said.
IMG_0074.JPG

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
I'm going to give this to you until I find the thread and post where at the Paramount HTF meeting last year one of the Paramount executives told an HTF member that the Hepburn movies were not included and the Wayne films were.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks